“Looking out onto the Pacific...”

Carbon Beach Club Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbon Beach Club Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Cross Creek Rd.
London, United Kingdom
“Looking out onto the Pacific...”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A wonderful Birthday celebration toped off with a table with an outstanding view from the balcony. We were welcomed by a very nice chap from of all places Pinner North London which is quite near from where we are from; anyway, the fish dishes we choose were fantastic. The ambiance was all you'd expect from such a great location, the famous Malibu Pier in the distance... it will not disappoint.

• Visited July 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Beachfront Gem”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

11 friends went for dinner on the patio overlooking the ocean to celebrate one couple's 40th Wedding Anniversary. The setting was magnificent with not just the view but the sound of the water crashing against the rocks.

The food offerings were varied -- something for everyone -- and everyone enjoyed their meal. Within our group we have one couple who typically have a problem and send food back -- surprisingly this didn't happen. There were no complaints.

The service, while not the best I've ever experienced, was adequate. The restaurant is rather small so despite the less than stellar service, we never felt ignored.

While not inexpensive, it was also not unreasonably priced.

A definite place to visit again.

Visited August 2014
San Francisco, California
“Service Extremely Bad; Food Good”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Walked in at 5:30 pm to an almost empty restaurant. Hostess glanced at me, said, "Hold on a minute" and walked over to 4 other members of the wait staff. Nothing. 2 minutes. Still nothing. Finally, one of the staff noticed I was waiting and after discerning I was neither staying at the motel nor had a reservation, told me I had to sit inside. Remember, the place was EMPTY.

I was seated in the "south wing," 8 tables empty and then me. The whole meal, the entire wing stayed empty.

First, the maitre d' watched while I struggled to pull out the heavy arm chair. Then he waited while I scooted myself in several times. What happened to helping a lady? Or helping anyone?After I ordered a margarita and a wedge salad, the salad arrived first. How could the kitchen be faster than the bar? Five minutes into eating, the drink arrived. Just as I was finishing the salad, a busboy came over with bread and asked if I wanted a piece. Better late than never.

Again, with 5 extremely loud wait staff members talking at one end of the room, I tried to get someone's attention to get the bill. Took a minute.

Overall, extremely disappointing experience despite an adequate salad. There are better places to go to get an ocean view, good food and actual decent service. Geoffrey's or even Moonshadows comes to mind.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Discerning12385
Ritto, Japan
“excellent dinner”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This place is one of the best restaurant in Malibu! Cuisine and service is so nice ,I will be back again.

Visited July 2014
Bakersfield, California, United States
“Great place great view”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Wow this place had great service and a great menu to pick from. Our waiter really was quick and made sure we were well taken care of. We will be back

1 Thank Tommy L