“Private ride through the canyon”
Review of Park Place Stable - CLOSED

Park Place Stable
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Since we were the only two that called for a trail ride, they gave us an hour private ride up and down the canyon trails. The views were wonderful with mountains and ocean in the distance. It is spring and the horses love to try to get a mouthful of green grass along the trail so you need to know how to use the reigns to keep them from dropping their heads down and stopping for a quick lunch. This may be a challenge for the novice rider. Our guide was a nice young man who helped prepare us for this little "horsey trick". Having just been on trail rides in Arizona (no grass) it was not a problem. Knowing how t lean going up and down hills, letting the reigns ride loose, and generally following the guides advice is helpful for the new rider. It can be intimidating going down some of the narrow trails, but the horses know what they are doing even if you do not. We had a great time and we appreciate the "private" ride on a beautiful California day. Helmets must be worn, but we took out hats for the pictures....

1  Thank James H

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I bought a "deal" through living social for this stable. The voucher was clear for a weekend ride or a weekday ride which would include a lesson. The age limit was 8 years old. I tried to cash them in this last couple of weeks. First, every time I called they would tell me to call back later. When I finally did get her talk to me she told me that my voucher was only good on Sun - Thurs and would have to pay $10 more per person. We had 2 extra people in our party and that rate was $65. (I paid $54 per voucher, so how exactly is $54 a 51% savings as advertised on Living Social.) I was getting more irritated, but proceeded. Then when I told her we had children, and they are 9. She said she wouldn't accommodate us...there was no mention of needing a 1:1 ratio of parent to rider on their website or on the voucher I purchased. We are all riders and the six of us have ridden in other places many times together without issue. She didn't want to do it, but said she'd have to call the stable manager to find out, but it would probably cost more. What?! This is ridiculous. No way I was going to put my 9 year olds up on horses with someone that wasn't happy to have our business either. Just seems like a bait and switch to me. Buyers beware.

9  Thank Kanga2roos
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My friend Linda and I recently completed our one-hour horseback ride at Park Place Stable. Everything about our experience there was perfect. Park Place Stable was super clean. The horses were beautiful, well cared for, well mannered, and friendly. We rode Norwegian Fjord horses, a breed that I was not familiar with before the ride.

Our guide, Chantal, was great--a good teacher, patient, kind, and informative. She gave us some training before we headed out on our ride; we weren't just put on horses and told to follow her. That made us feel that Park Place Stable cares about its customers' safety. My friend Linda had ridden a horse within the last five years and had owned a horse as a young girl, but I had not been on a horse in more than 30 years. Therefore, Chantal selected horses for us according to our riding experience. She also put me at ease with her exercise routines that we executed in the training arena. We practiced making the horses stop, turn left, turn right, and turn in a circle--using English reins, which are different than Western reins. We were also given other safety instructions.

Chantal took us on trails up and down hills and through meadows of colorful wildflowers (at this time of year). She was always aware of where we were behind her, waited for us if necessary, informed us about the sights, and told us where we were going next. The horses responded well to our reining commands, were sure-footed, and fun. The scenery was breathtaking--a lovely place to go horseback riding. We highly recommend Chantal, a special person; the wonderful horses; and Park Place Stable for a terrific horseback-riding experience!

Thanks, Chantal, sweet horses, and Park Place Stable!

Trudy and Linda

2  Thank TruE195
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Unlike my children, I had never ridden a horse in my life.
I had a feeling surprising and pleasant to discover my balance on horseback.
I had to quickly learn the movements of the horse, find my balance at the trot.
That is a real cognitive performance to manage in speed, balance and direction.
Chantal, the instructor, of whom the psycho-pedagogical and relational qualities
are recognized, knows how to invest 100% to her students; she explains, corrects
and moves us forward. What a pleasure!
This dynamic equestrian center has everything to seduce everyone.
I loved the atmosphere in this school and how the horses are treated.
Whether you are passing or a follower of the mountain, come to discover the joy
of horseback riding in the mountains. A different way to discover the fauna and
flora of the mountains, to approach different landscapes: the pleasure of riding
combined with the pleasure of your eyes!

Ride on the trails of Malibu Mountain. It makes you want to continue, again and again.

5  Thank jcvecnr