“So rewarding!”
Review of Wellfit Malibu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malibu
Wellfit Malibu
New York City, New York
“So rewarding!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a great way to jump start a lifestyle change. I learned so many things that i can take home and continue on my own. Not only are the staff caring and extremely supportive!! But the other guests are too. There are people from all walks of life in all forms of fitness and no matter what your story is someone else has one too and we all got through the week together. The variety of classes is wonderful, something for everyone and they encourage you to try, step out of your comfort level. The food is very good, i was never hungry. The rooms are very basic but sufficient in what you need. You are not in your rooms much so the money shouldn't be spent there anyway!! I met some great people, lost a few pounds, learned a lot and walked away with a great feeling of accomplishment.

As a side note, i arrived with a knee injury and everyone was helpful in offering options. Big thanks to Micaela who really helped me work around the injury!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank mlpinzur

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Overweight & out-of-shape, I checked into the resort with great apprehension. What is awesome is that the trainers & staff adapt workouts for ALL fitness levels. They assist each guest to overcome their current status and achieve much higher levels, but there is no yelling at you like on the TV show.

Make sure you sign up for a massage early in your stay. The cost is extra to your weekly fee, but rates are reasonable. You'll need it after exercising 6 hours each day. I cannot say enough about the masseuses. They provide, literally, restorative massages. The hot tub also helps with sore muscles, as does the daily 6am stretch class (optional, but well worth it).

The food is very delicious & satisfying. I never went hungry, and I have quite an appetite. By the end of the week, as I adjusted, I routinely left food on the plate. So you're also learning portion control.

The rooms are fine-- you don't spend much time in them. The staff is incredibly helpful. I had a wonderful time making lifestyle changes that I continue to build on. I'm so glad I overcame my fear and apprehension. Just go.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the workout facilities as there is little time between fitness classes...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank QueenLaTeacha
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

For an exercise focused weight loss and fitness program, this place hits the sweet spot. The personalized attention on beautiful hikes in Malibu makes a challenging experience possible. Very caring and supportive staff who seem deeply committed to the cause. Fitness programming and variety are excellent. It keeps you engaged and interested through your exhaustion. Attendance is taken ... You cannot slouch off here.

The food preparation is spotty (sometimes excellent, other times overcooked and not creative) and nutrition education was lackluster ... The only area where enthusiasm waned. Outstanding, supportive psychologist provides wonderful, personal lectures that engage. I had the best massage of my life here. It left me speechless.

There is no medical care. If you have ongoing active medical ssues, there are other facilities for weight loss that would be better for you.

The cabins are comfortable but not luxury, fitting with what you are signing up for! Pretty campus in a gorgeous locale. They truly take advantage of ad show off the beauty of the California coast and Santa Monica mountains.

I would return for another diet and exercise 'tune up'.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
15 Thank DCDoctor
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I went to Fitness Ridge in Malibu to "re-program" myself and get out of a 2-year-long rut of bad habits - eating too much, drinking too much (great) wine, exercising too little. And it sure worked for me.

This isn't a "luxury" resort. As the branding with the TV show indicates, it's a fitness camp focused on healthy eating and exercise. I've been home for a month now, and I'm pleased to report success with kick-starting my own daily fitness program, thanks to Fitness Ridge.

The onsite staff in Malibu is terrific. They are skilled, experienced, empathetic, and dedicated to their guests. When I made special requests, everyone was extraordinarily accommodating. The campus is up in the Malibu hills, shaded by oaks, and nicely landscaped. The buildings, including the modular guest cabins, are utilitarian, but they are perfectly functional, very clean, and well-supplied.

Again, the focus is fitness, not luxury. The food is tasty and well-prepared. The resort-priced massages were some of the best I've ever had, and the salon services were expert too.

Many guests stay for months, on the way to losing hundreds of pounds, while many others stay for only a week or two, in order to regain their self-discipline, with the help of the accomplished staff.

Room Tip: Specify a "quiet" room when making your reservation.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
17 Thank RThyme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malibu
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 5 in Malibu
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Wellfit Malibu? Share your experiences!