“Do You Remember RJ's The Rib Joint in Beverly Hills?”

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had lunch at this beautiful restaurant, set right on the beach in Malibu. Their menu took a while to study because it had lots of wonderful choices. When I hit upon the rack of baby back ribs, I noticed a little annotation about an old favorite restaurant in Beverly Hills that closed many years ago, much to my chagrin. It said that these were the same ribs since the owner used to own RJ's. They also listed Kobe Beef Ribs. That's what I always ordered because I could eat my fill of these gargantuan meaty bones and also have 1 or two more lunches on the leftovers.

Could it be? YES! The taste was phenomenal and seemed to be exactly as I remembered. Ah... So yes, the ribs are fantastic. But the restaurant also features really huge platters of seafood, steaks, oversized appetizers, salads and sandwiches, and the drinks that were popular at most of the other tables looked luscious.

The setting is top notch. Clean and bright with huge windows. Not a dumpy beach shack feel. I can't wait for my next trip to California so that I can bring my husband.

2  Thank Michele R
There are newer reviews for Paradise Cove Beach Cafe

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I love Paradise Cove...it is just off the PCH and tucked in a little cove just down from Point Dume and once you get in, you may not want to leave!

Parking is tough and they recently installed access gates, which in my opinion detracts from the overall sense of the word 'cove', but the restaurant is still the same. Make sure you get your parking ticket validated (the parking fee is $40 for parking (unvalidated) and $6 (validated))

Seating is inside and outside and the views are wonderful from the cliffs to the ocean to everything in between.

I've only had the Fish Tacos here, but a friend had the all you can eat shrimp and said it was great. I also had the Key Lime Pie...it was a quarter of a pie! Wow...don't worry, I ate it all. Well worth it! The menu prices seem steep, but the quality of the food and overall experience somehow make it worth it.

The service has been good on my previous visits and this one was no different. I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great food! Right on the beach! Favorite of our coastal trip in Ca! Great place to eat and amazing beach to stay all day!!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Came here with friends. Parking was full so had to park upstairs which was free. No need to take the shuttle as it's just a short walk to the cafe. Got tables outside which was lovely. Food was lovely though bear in mind that the portions are MASSIVE! We saw the calamary pot that everyone ordered and they are just massive.

Service was super friendly and excellent. Atmosphere was very fun. Would definitely come back again.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A real through back to the 70's. Food was plentiful although quality a bit off. Could have been tastier, but service was good and no one felt like we needed to eat and run or that we needed to get up to make room for someone else. Will go back during the summer to enjoy sitting at the beach, sip a few cool ones and snack on some yummy apps!