“Great meal for jet lagged couple”

Marmalade Cafe - Malibu
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We take great pride in our restaurants and view them as a personal reflection of ourselves. Consequently we only hire employees who are as excited about our operations as we are. Our concept is very simple. Customers enjoy dining in a spectacular environment matched with wonderful food and fully attentive service. When you visit us you will see that we have provided just that.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stay in Malibu often in our motorhome but mostly eat with family in LA. We returned from a trip to Japan to an empty refrigerator so went looking for a restaurant and found Marmalade Cafe. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. I had lamburger with Caesar salad wife had artichoke plate and a half green salad. All the items were very tasty and nicely presented. For some reason they were not served at the same time. We have experienced this more and more often recently where food is delivered immediately and not timed so everyone at the table is served at the same time. That is our only complaint.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We landed very early morning in LA. Could not check in the Hotel up until late afternoon so we decided to take a drive on Coastal Hwy and stop by at this place. Very casual settings and had nice breakfast, eggs and waffle etc. Service was bit slower but quantity was huge! And price is good too. Worth visiting if you are in Malibu.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Very over priced for the quality of food you get. I came in for breakfast and it was nothing special to brag about . The thing that got me about how bad the service is. The hostess sat me at the counter, it took 5 minutes before someone spoke to me and it was the manager, she was wearing a blue jean jacket. I got my food and she never came back to see how I was doing. When I was done eating someone else grabbed the check from the manager.

1  Thank DetroiterGuy
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great for families & casual beach dining. Burgers, salads, fries, melts, pastas, beer & wine, good desserts, ample servings well prepared, friendly staff. The waiter we had was great!
Cant say enough about the bloody Mary's:)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Best place for breakfast in Malibu. Our first visit to the area. We expected a lot of cafes - but found few. Marmalade Café is located at Malibu Country Mart - off the beach. A good breakfast and brunch menu. Busy - but well managed - attentive and polite staff.