“We enjoyed our meal, kinda”
Review of Nikita Malibu - CLOSED

Nikita Malibu
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Description: Nikita Malibu invites locals and travelers alike to appreciate the marriage of food and wine in a cozy, yet refined seaside architectural gem reminiscent of Saint-Tropez's private beaches.
westlake village
“We enjoyed our meal, kinda”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We had a birthday celebration here with the girls. The atmosphere of Nikita is beautiful! The staff is friendly and attentive. The very was very good but I wouldn't say outstanding. Beautiful presentation. My scallops were pretty but not particularly flavorful. The pasta was good. The mushroom pizza was outstanding.
Drinks were good but small. Desserts again were beautiful but not the best I've ever tasted. Small portions but beautiful food. Wis there was more flavor.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank paris c

Ponte Vedra Beach, fl
“All it needs is good food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Absolutely one of the best looking restaurants ever. Indoor and outdoor seating right on the ocean in Malibu. From the bar staff to the waiters, superb service. They even supply blankets if you are cold. We want so much to like this restaurant.

The bad news
• Over 13 nights my wife and I dined in a lot of fine restaurants in Vancouver, BC and LA. This was absolutely the worst and the most expensive. A wine list so over priced and filled with obscure wines that only a sommelier could appreciate. I am guessing 90% of the wines were over $150 a bottle.
• I had the seafood sample for the first course. It looked like a plate full of garden gnomes there were so many garnishes on it. The seafood was dry and lacked flavor. My wife had the proscuitto assortment which was suppose to be three types of proscuitto, but was served in a pile so there was no way to know what you were eating. I had the fillet. They should send the chef to Ruth's Chris or Capital Grill to learn how to prepare a steak. My with had the Ravioli Carbonara. She was disappointed to say the least.
• Finally, If I am going to spend $350 on dinner do you really need my $10 for valet parking

1 Thank kenzo32082
Malibu CA
“Small Portions,Pricey But Food As Important as View”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The chef/kitchen at Nikita pays a lot of attention to ingredients, composition and palate. The food is lovely and beautifully presented. Some of it is excellent--all five bites of it. That's the problem. The portions, for most dishes, are quite small. That's rather European, where one is expected to order at least two and often three courses for a meal. And drinks, predictably, are in the $12-$15 range. The check at the end of the evening is so high that those of us who are not part of the 10% (many of whom, of course, summer or second home in Malibu)--remember the bill as much as anything else.

The decor is gorgeous and the views are million dollar. So at least it's worth an occasional splurge.

1 Thank MaliGail
London, United Kingdom
“No 1”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Amazing food,great service and atmosphere.
A must go place when you visit Los Angeles.
Dishes are absolutely outstanding.
I cannot recommend this restaurant enough.
Nikita absolutely deserves the highest rating.

Boston
“Almost excellent in every way”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Dined at Nikita on a warm evening in Malibu. The setting is "California-glorious"; the restaurant is literally within a few feet from the Pacific Ocean, with waves crashing on the beachfront. At night, flaming lanterns, scattered among the tables, light up this indoor-outdoor restaurant, conjuring up a Hawaiian party. The light glances off the waves, making for a dramatic and inspiring scene.The restaurant decor is in perfect harmony with its setting. Our appetizers (proscuitto and salad) were forgettable as were the accompanying rolls (hard, tasteless, overcooked, old). But the main course (filet chunks in heavenly sauce) was delectably delicious; enthusiasm was tempered by the french fries, too thick, starchy, and no crunch or flavorings one would expect from a high end dining experience. Ah, but for a french cook who knows how to double fry the fries in a perfect oil at a perfect temperature. The dessert, cannolis, were tasty, crunchy, but a chore to dissectinto edible pieces (chunks flying off the plate). I had to resort to my hands to break each piece in a controlled manner. The surprise treat was the mint tea! No country on earth produces more delicious mint tea than Morocco, and I have been deprived of this rare treat since my sojourn in Morocco. Nikita's mint tea comes close, if not replicates the heavenly drink of Morocoo. Several people to whom I offered a taste were deeply disappointed that they had not ordered mint tea at the end of their meal. All in all, a memorable experience, but improved bread, appetizers and veggies would merit the stamp of perfection on this beautiful restaurant.

• Visited September 2013