“Breathtaking”
Review of Nikita Malibu - CLOSED

Good for: Groups, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Description: Nikita Malibu invites locals and travelers alike to appreciate the marriage of food and wine in a cozy, yet refined seaside architectural gem reminiscent of Saint-Tropez's private beaches.
Los Angeles, California
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nikita is named after the owner's girlfriend (Nikita Kahn). Located along PCH in Malibu right beside Nobu. This is one of the prettiest restaurant I've been to in a while. The view is breathtaking, the restaurant is pure eye candy, and what's great is that the food backs up the view.

Nikita is one of the few restaurants that will take a table of 8 for Easter Sunday. Our initial reservation was at 1:15pm however our mass ended early at Our Lady of Malibu church at 12:15pm, the restaurant was kind enough to seat us by 12:30pm.

We were seated outside, it was the perfect california weather, sunny, nice ocean breeze, and a "chilly" 64-66 degrees out.

I got to taste majority of the food that my family ordered. I ordered the wild mushroom pizza for myself and it was good. Earthy and rustic flavors from the mushrooms and great balance from the cheese. I wish the pizza dough would be a little bit more crispy like how they do it at Pizzeria Mozza.

We ordered 2 “Nikita” Cannolo for app which we all shared. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish, the seabass was great, crispy on the outside, served rare on the inside. You can easily eat a few of them in one sitting. Great starter dish.

My wife ordered the Risotto al Limone, great flavor but a tad too salty. The risotto itself was perfectly cooked and seasoned very very well, like I said, it was a little too salty but bearable. I would recommend this dish but ease up on the salt (maybe it's from the broth they used)

My father in law ordered the gnocchi. The tomato sauce was subtle, not acidic at all, the gnocchi was cooked great which absorbed the flavor of the tomato sauce, a simple dish like this tend to be hard to make, the chef was on point on this one.

My mother in law ordered the branzino, I was not able to taste this dish but it looked wonderful. Fished looked flaky and cooked perfectly again.

My youngest sister in law ordered the Nikita burger at medium rare, this for me was Nikita's weakest dish. By all means it's not bad but it's no father's office. It was an "okay" burger for me which I'll skip as Nikita has alot of other dishes that are better

My brother in law and my other sister in law ordered the scallop which I was not able to taste as well. They said that the scallop was a winner, great flavor, great taste, it was apparently a wonderful dish.

For dessert, we ordered 2 seven layer chocolate cake, Tiramisu, and Crostatina Di Frutta Fresca.

The 7 layer cake was divine. It was rich and decadent but not to the point where a few bites is too much, this was a wonderfully executed dessert. Too small to share, my advise is to order your own.

Tiramisu was wow, it was literally eating coffee, it was strong and sharp but I love it, 2 bites is more than enough for me.

the Crostatina Di Frutta Fresca, a simple fruit tart dish, straight forward and good.

• Visited April 2014
Audrey C, Public Relations Manager at Nikita Malibu, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi Jay,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Nikita Malibu.

We are truly proud of our restaurant's design, spectacular views, and cuisine and are happy that you and your family were able to sample a variety of our dishes on a lovely day.

We hope to see you again!
-Nikita Malibu

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food. Good service. Spectacular views”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Nikita Malibu on a rainy night which took the shine off the experience however the food made up for the lack of a promised glorious sunset. I had the beet root salad without cheese followed by the gnocchi. To be honest I ended up with food envy as I didn't choose as well as my friends and family. It's not a place to go off menu. The kitchen should be able to cope but my recommendation would be to take it as it comes. Absolutely take the sommeliers advice on the wine, she is quiet simply the best and they put by the glass on most if not all wines. The service was just slightly below what I would have expected of such an established group of restauranteur's but not enough to spoil a great evening. Go, stick to the menu, pray for sun and hope the servers are up to scratch.

1 Thank mark b
Audrey C, Public Relations Manager at Nikita Malibu, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your Nikita Malibu experience. We take great pride in our distinguished Wine Director Renée-Nicole Kubin and are delighted that she was able to be a part of your dining experience. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and are continually working to improve each aspect of our restaurant. We hope to see you again--hopefully during sunset hour!

Houston, Texas
“DEFINITELY GO TO NIKITA IN MALIBU!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you like delicious food, a spectacular view of the ocean and friendly attentive service you MUST go to Nikita in Malibu! We sat hanging over the beach having a spectacular dinner - we loved it!!!!
Then I left my credit card and they called within 5 minutes to tell me. Everyone there was not only beautiful, but so so nice! Definitely go!!!

1 Thank 7Alexandra7
Hello Alexandra,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We take such care and pride in every aspect of our restaurant--from our sophisticated, yet relaxed environment to our exquisite Mediterranean-inspired plates--that we are absolutely delighted when we hear back from our guests. We hope to see you again!

Warmly,
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent all-around”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We made an early reservation during the week, 6:15pm on a Wednesday in late March. Restaurant was not busy when we arrived but it became quite busy while we ate. Got a great table right on the glass overlooking the beach and surf. With the heaters on it was very comfortable. Our server, Laura did a great job. We had wine by the glass and I would highly recommend any of the food we ordered. We shared an appetizer, ahi tuna and crudités, a delicious and light blend of ahi and vegetables, quinoa and drizzled with a tasty dressing. For dinner, we had the branzino, a light Mediterranean sea bass over a tasty bed of kale and chopped veges and I think mango ratatouille. It was delicious and had so many different flavors and textures. We also had the lightly grilled shrimp over risotto and a delicious arugula pesto. Wonderful. We skipped dessert and instead opted for a couple nice glasses of port to finish. Of course Nikita is pricey, but you should expect it; despite that, the food was great and the view second to none, just a 1/2 mile east of the Malibu Pier and next to popular Nobu. We'll be back.

Hello Warren,

We appreciated your kind and thoughtful review. We're very proud of our scenic, oceanside views and Chef Salvatore and Wine Director Renée-Nicole's food and wine offerings. It truly means a lot to us when our guests share their Nikita Malibu experiences.

We hope to see you again soon,
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Excellent service for luncheon for five people. Portions on the small side. Pricey, but not for Malibu. Menu was limited. Quality of food was very good.