“Awesome Greek restaurant”

Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Awesome Greek restaurant”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Food was delicious, we had the sampler and absolutely everything was perfect. Service was also pretty good and ambiance was relaxed. Would definitely go back there when in California.

Los Angeles, California
“Eating here since the 90s!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I started coming here when they first opened in '94 I think and still love it.

I've had a great time every visit. It's not cheap but it has good food and great atmosphere. I always feel like I'm on vacation in the Mediterranean. There is just something about this place that makes me happy.

Two of my favorite things:

- Flaming Saganaki
- Shrimp Pasilmani (def spelled wrong)

I saw a reviewer complain about the octopus. I love octopus and order it almost every time I see it on a menu. Until I read that I forgot about having to send it back once because it was overcooked. It is not baby octopus. I don't think it says that it is in the menu. It's usually nice. It's not the best I've had but definitely good enough that I order it fairly regularly. I'm pretty picky though.

FYI This is not a fancy place. It is more home-style Greek cooking.

• Visited March 2014
malibu, california
“Greek to me”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Taking a tip from other readers about portion sizes the four of us shared two entrees and a big salad along with destroying the free appetiser with yummy fresh bread. Worked out fine for a light dinner. Loved the moussaka & the roasted lamb.

Ate on the patio, which is much quieter than the noisy interior. Brought our own bottle of Pinot noir & gladly ate the $20 corkage fee to avoid the rather ordinary & over priced wine list.

1 Thank zogmeister
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was looking forward to finding an authentic Greek Restaurant that had charbroiled Baby Octopus on the menu. I searched around and found Taverna Tony in Malibu and promptly ordered this dish to go. When I arrived at my destination I was shocked to find only 3 pieces of thick tentacles staring back at me. Definitely NOT baby octopus. I don't mind paying close to $18 for a lunch dish but this wasn't worth 18 cents. Very sad as the restaurant looked very nice, but I guess the availability of baby octopus was at a "premium." As in most cases of expectations gone awray, I won't be back and will let all of my friends know. I should have taken a photo to attach as proof. Probably won't make much of a difference to this establishment, but it needs to deliver on expectations to its clients.

1 Thank Charles V
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Food and Service!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just went here for my birthday and EVERYTHING was amazing! Friendly, attentive (but not obtrusive) staff, prompt service and delicious food! I got the Sampler Platter for dinner because I couldn't decide and everything was outstanding. Tony the owner was on site personally greeting guests and asking if everything was all right. Beautiful drive up the coast to the restaurant. Lots of fun later in the evening when they have the band and dancers, or if you prefer quiet, just go a little earlier in the evening. Opa!

• Visited May 2014

Been to Taverna Tony? Share your experiences!