“Worth the wait!!!”

Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Came here with a friend who used to live in Malibu. I would NEVER have stumbled on it on my own. We had finished a 2 hour hike and were hungry. At her recommendation I got the breakfast burrito. We had to wait 5 minutes at the counter to order, and then were told that the burrito would take 35 minutes. There was an adjacent bookstore and other shops in the area, so we busied ourselves and waited. WOW, the buritto was awesome. The eggs were SO fresh, the bacon incredible, and salsa so good I would return for that alone. We had the burritos to go and drove to the beach to enjoy them. The place is going down in my memory book.

There are newer reviews for Lily's Cafe and Pastries

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stopped in for a quick breakfast and had the best breakfast burrito of my life. My spouse and I split a donut while waiting for the burrito which we also split and the donut was okay but the burrito was amazing. The tortilla itself was delicious and the filling was perfect. The two of us couldn't even eat it all. Some tables for inside dining but looked like the locals took food out to the tables by the fountains in the community area so we did the same. Warning - if you want pastries, get there early as they were almost all gone when we got there at 10. Heading back to try the croissants tomorrow. In a pricey area where $20 breakfasts are the norm, nice to find a little gem like this place.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Tucked away in the Pt. Dume Shopping Center at Heathercliff and PCH in quite possibly the best Mexican Burrito Joint in Malibu. All the Hispanic construction workers order-out or eat there which tells you what they think! Try the Carnitas Burrito, Wonderful! The Breakfast Burrito is great also. The wait for a walk up order is around 20 minutes. If you are visiting Malibu, spend the time to check out the shops/market or do what the locals do: Check out Homes and Land Magazine (free) to see how much their property is worth. There are plenty of benches outside Lily's to hang and also eat you Burrito later. Those in a rush need to call 30 minutes before you want it.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came across this place while looking up restaurants in Malibu. The reviews seemed decent, and we both love a good breakfast burrito so we decided to try it. We went in a Saturday morning expecting long waits based on reviews. There was no lines, no long waits, no crowds nothing. We walked straight up to a overly friendly woman who I'm guessing is Lily. She was so kind and went over the menu with us. We both ended up with the breakfast burrito and was it delicious! It had eggs, bacon, cheese, refried beans and hot sauce. After paying we sat outside and enjoyed the sun while we waited (10 min or less). Everything was hot and so fresh! We ended up coming once more before we left and she remembered us after only being there once. This is a place we will be visiting next time we are in the area. Way to go Lily!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lily Castro, one of the hardest working restaurateurs in Malibu, runs a tiny manly take-out cafe out of a a small shopping plaza in Pt. Dume. Her burritos are the best thing on the small mostly Latino menu (which also includes burgers and a few standard sandwiches). Though they take a long time to make--this is NOT fast food--they are EXCELLENT, handmade, fresh and well worth the wait (smart locals always phone the order in before going). The green hot sauce that comes with them is one of the best ever. Whether it's a breakfast burrito or a lunchtime burrito, ther are delicious and copious. I never get the large size--it's just too much food for me.