“Excellent Mexican Fast Food”
Review of La Salsa - CLOSED

La Salsa
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is the best Mexican in Malibu....don't bother with Howdys or the Cantina...Love the carnitas...great salsa's...we eat here at least once a week.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I went and was hooked, trying something different for dinner every day.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Similar to many others....most like Baha Fresh. Nothing to write home about, but dependable tacos, salads & fajitas when in a time crunch.

Reviewed 12 May 2009

I like the La Salsa chain, so I have to leave Malibu to enjoy their food. The people at this location can't be bothered to wash their hands or wear gloves after handling money or a mop, or picking something up from the floor before touching your food. I was in there for take-out not long ago and the whole place had a terrible smell. When I got home, the food tasted just like the smell and I was afraid to eat it. When I returned the next day and asked for a refund, I got a lot of attitude instead of an apology. Of course, the manager was not there to handle my issue and he did not even answer his phone when called. Hmm, Maybe if the manager cared enough to be on-site,..
In summary, much as I would like to stop by and get a quick meal, I am afraid to because of the sanitary habits practiced by the staff.
And, oh, yes, they like to say that the law does not require them to wear gloves when handling food - so they don't. Unfortunately, they
don't use soap, water or hand sanitizer either. Stay away until the franchise takes it away from the current owner and finds an operator that will adhere to the chain's standards. The food can taste good but it just isn't worth the risk of getting sick. Go instead to the La Salsa at the Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks.