“What I picture when I think of Malibu”
Review of Malibu Pier

Hollywood City and Sign Air Tour
Ranked #5 of 52 things to do in Malibu
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“What I picture when I think of Malibu”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I feel like I've seen it before in some movie or TV show. It's definitely worth a walk to the end. You feel like you're walking on a piece of history.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manitou Springs, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Perfect small beach near the pier”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Great little swimming beach near the pier. Not much of a surf but the water was crystal clear. There were many families and young children taking advantage of the gentle waves.

Saint Louis, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun family Pier”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spent some time on Malibu Beach. Didn't want to get into the cold water so we walked to the pier and walked around for a bit. Looks like a fun place especially if you had young children with you. Plenty of places to get drinks and food.

1 Thank gobluestl
Yardley, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great phot ops when visiting Malibu”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Malibu Pier was a great way to unwind for a bit. I was sorry that we had just eaten, because there were several nice-looking options for meals. If we return, we will definitely check out one of these restaurants. There was also an adorable speed boat for a photo op for small children to "ride" on the pier. My 2-year-old loved it.

The surrounding scenery was beautiful, and as I look at my pics, I can't decide which one I like more.

There is also a staircase down to the beach, and great viewing of the surfers (but there are also designated areas for swimmers).

All in all, it was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Northampton, United Kingdom
592 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 948 helpful votes
“A Lovely Pier on Pacific Coast Highway 1. Well worth a stop.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped off in Malibu on way south on Pacific Coast Highway 1 (PCH1) and very glad I did as the pier was lovely.

Okay it's just a pier but it is well maintained and the walk down to the end in the Californian sunshine looking at the beautiful blue ocean was great. At the start and end of the pier there are some nice whitewashed buildings and the food looked very good (a shame I had already eaten).

There are people fishing from the pier but unlike with the pier in Ventura further north along PCH1 they seem to keep the pier cleaner as there was far less 'fish mess' than on the Ventura Pier.

Well worth a short stop and a walk (only need 1/2 to 1 hour) but a great break from driving and there are plenty of bench's along the pier to stop and take in the stunning vista's.
See photo's included with this review.