“Coogie's rules”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have hit this spot for casual early evening dinner and mid-morning breakfast.
It's a pleasant, unpretentious, kid-friendly place, nicely decorated, sunny and well serviced.
You get Malibu basics here: burgers, salads, smoothies, shakes, terrific breakfast choices, tap beer and lots of healthy options. Prices are reasonable, especially for the area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Although the drive is terrible and the wait can be terminally long Coogie's in Malibu is always spot on with their food. Famous for their zucchini bread the comes with most everything Coogie's also has most everything. From Gluten Free pancakes, fish a tacos, a vegetarian burger with grilled onions to salads and pastas and great daily specials. Try it on a Monday morning in October though.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stopped for breakfast early on a Tuesday morning...no crowds and quite with friendly servers. We saw business men and beach goers at this strip-mall location. Hubby ordered the Triple Double breakfast with 2 pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon and home fries! A huge plate of food! I ordered an egg sandwich on wonderful ciabatta bread with avocado, ham and cheese. The sandwich was huge - much more than I could eat!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This review is 13 years over do. I love everything about Coogies -- the food, service and atmosphere are great. No matter what you get on the menu, it's going to be fresh, delicious and well presented. It's no wonder that it's always packed for breakfast and lunch. Even though there's sometimes a wait on the weekends, the hostesses are always so sweet and will keep you updated on how much longer it will be but it's never more than 10-15 minutes since the place is so big. Speaking of sweet and accommodating, I came here a few weeks ago for dinner. I arrived at 8:50 which is 10 minutes before the kitchen closed. Most places would turn you away but Wilfredo was so nice and welcomed me right in. I live in Santa Monica so I was especially appreciative they let me come in. There was no rush and he said to take my time. That's the kind of customer service you are going to get at Coogies, plus the fish tacos were cooked perfectly. Love this place and they will always get a recommendation from me.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I admit, I always kind of hope to have a celebrity sighting here, and then, rarely do. But the service is friendly, the food is really satisfying, and I still like watching the people. I've had the salads, the soups, the sandwiches and everything is always really well done and tasty. They used to serve this angelic zuchini bread with some meals and it just wasn't fair. Soooooo delicious. I'll still go for the celeb sighting possibility and I know that I will never be disappointed.