“First-Time "Camping"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
Manchester Beach KOA
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am an admitted primadonna, staying in four-and-five star hotels, including suites, but this is my first time camping, albeit in a cabin. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The front staff and grounds staff were friendly and helpful, and our neighbors and other campers were friendly and provided us with helpful advice on starting and keeping a fire going in the fire ring. The outside grill, picnic table and area surrounding the cabin were very clean. We stayed in a deluxe cabin. It was extremely clean, from the beds, to the bathroom and small kitchenette, and although it was small for the three of us, it felt cozy. I felt the quiet time was observed, and it was quiet all throughout the night, including the dogs. I slept in a bunk bed because my hubby and I are very tall and long-limbed, so we need a king, which was not an option, but I found the bunk bed comfortable, as he also felt the queen bed was comfortable. Referring to another review I saw, I recall seeing dogs throughout the campground, but I don't really recall hearing them. My 8 year old son is an only child, so we were very glad that there were many families here, and he was able to make fast-friends with the other children. All three of us loved it, loved the area for its proximity to the ocean, and the absolutely "awe-some" scenic views. Thanks to this KOA, cabin camping will now be a regular part of our summer vacation!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank druss_esq

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed here recently and my first thought was, this is a beautiful pkace. Check in was super easy and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We stayed in a deluxe cabin...... On the outside it looked like a cozy little cabin. When I first opened the door the room actually smelled a bit musky, like it was locked up wet. After we got settled in I didn't notice the smell anymore. Overall this was a great place to stay.... Only thing is my cell phone service was pretty non existent at our cabin I had to go about a mile down the road to the ocean to get any service, but it turned out ok I was forced to be limited ony phone and it was actually a nice change. My son had commented that it would have been nice if children were allowed in the hit tub with parents but he was still pretty happy with the heated pool. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We felt this campground is overrated compared to other KOAs. It’s a nice family park, clean, and they do keep the kids busy with lots of activities. The spaces are large and rustic. Nice place to tent camp! All KampKabins where nicely located! It was quiet between 10pm – 8am. Downfalls - too many dogs, excessive barking & several ran free. No dog jail enforced on our weekend. Karaoke was too long & too loud. Vehicles drove too fast; a need for speed bumps! KOA needs an online camp map & avoid space 58. If you want solitude try boon docking at Manchester State Park next door (water only) for $25.

Room Tip: Avoid space 58 next to the rental RVs; party central. Tent camping and Kabins looked nice from the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The facility is well-equipped. We particularly liked the common kitchen area where there are about five burners that you can use to cook. Our tent site was right at the edge of the property, near the ocean. It was very windy at that area, although the wind decreases as you go more centrally, as there are lots of trees. The ground has many cabins as well. During the cooking session, we made friends with some other parties. One of them was cooking abalone that he collected from the ocean by diving. That was a great experience.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dwaipayan C
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed in the deluxe lodge that sleeps 6. We found it to be comfortable and clean. Our kids liked having their own bunk beds, and the queen sized bed in the bedroom was comfy enough. Of course we had to bring our own bedding, but that is to be expected. We walked down to the ocean...it was so cold, but beautiful! We swam in the pool and sat in the hot tub. The nice thing about KOA's is that they attract people who are there to spend time with their families. The lodge had two electric burners and a microwave inside and a charcoal grill outside.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank peachwhit33
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The family had a great time here this past weekend, spending 4 nights in one of the loft cabins. Overall a great time, the campground is very clean, the staff is friendly and helpful and the location is great to see the area.

The loft cabin is a great way to go camping without roughing it, has a bathroom with shower and sleeps 8 people. It has a fridge and a hotplate. We did use the grill outside more often though and it was great. You'll need to bring your own linen if you use the cabin.

There is a swimming pool that was heated and kept very clean, that was a pleasant surprise. If you need groceries, there is a store just down the road in the nearby town a mile away that has everything you could need.

We'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ron H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I usually tent camp, but the weather has been really cold for these parts. Compromised with the Manchester Beach KOA Kabin. This is an exceptionally fine KOA--location is wonderful, lots and lots of grounds and a Kamping Cook Shelter.

Nice folks at check in.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Liz B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites
#1 of 2 in Little River
Surf Motel
Surf Motel
#2 of 7 in Gualala

Been to Manchester Beach KOA? Share your experiences!