“Another KOA great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
Manchester Beach KOA
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Excellent experience!
We stayed at this campground last weekend of September 2013. The campground is very well maintained, and their staff is very friendly and helpful. The cabins are really cute and clean, they have flowers in front of most of the porches, they have fire ring and little charcoal grill……in the event weather doesn’t cooperate keep in mind that they have a great outdoor kitchen….
The beach is within "walking" distance (long walk that is) if you are up to it…..but it's not a dog friendly beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am stunned by the high reviews of this campground. We had been excited to stay there, but quickly realized the mistake we'd made once we arrived. The campground was crowded and noisy and untidy. (Just too many people in a very small space.) There were so many excess cars in the lanes that we could not pull our truck and 19' trailer in. We had reserved a large space to accommodate a tent and trailer, but there was little hope of squeezing a tent next to our trailer and still staying in our site. For $77 bucks a night, it was too much. I had been looking forward to the hottub, but my hopes were dashed when I saw some 30 children in the pool and 20 in the hottub. We ended up driving to the state park at the end of the street, which was delightfully quiet and much less expensive. ($14, due to our disabled discount).

Room Tip: The Cabins might be fine - can't comment on those. Not the best for those travelling with the e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sierrafoothillsgal
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This KOA IS A WINNER!!
New bathrooms and showers are the best!
Staff in the office are very helpful
Sites were well equipped and close bike ride to the beach
Camper pavilion was very well done
Could cook a full course meal there!!
Very well maintained csmpground

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nanspa5
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I am an admitted primadonna, staying in four-and-five star hotels, including suites, but this is my first time camping, albeit in a cabin. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The front staff and grounds staff were friendly and helpful, and our neighbors and other campers were friendly and provided us with helpful advice on starting and keeping a fire going in the fire ring. The outside grill, picnic table and area surrounding the cabin were very clean. We stayed in a deluxe cabin. It was extremely clean, from the beds, to the bathroom and small kitchenette, and although it was small for the three of us, it felt cozy. I felt the quiet time was observed, and it was quiet all throughout the night, including the dogs. I slept in a bunk bed because my hubby and I are very tall and long-limbed, so we need a king, which was not an option, but I found the bunk bed comfortable, as he also felt the queen bed was comfortable. Referring to another review I saw, I recall seeing dogs throughout the campground, but I don't really recall hearing them. My 8 year old son is an only child, so we were very glad that there were many families here, and he was able to make fast-friends with the other children. All three of us loved it, loved the area for its proximity to the ocean, and the absolutely "awe-some" scenic views. Thanks to this KOA, cabin camping will now be a regular part of our summer vacation!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank druss_esq
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed here recently and my first thought was, this is a beautiful pkace. Check in was super easy and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. We stayed in a deluxe cabin...... On the outside it looked like a cozy little cabin. When I first opened the door the room actually smelled a bit musky, like it was locked up wet. After we got settled in I didn't notice the smell anymore. Overall this was a great place to stay.... Only thing is my cell phone service was pretty non existent at our cabin I had to go about a mile down the road to the ocean to get any service, but it turned out ok I was forced to be limited ony phone and it was actually a nice change. My son had commented that it would have been nice if children were allowed in the hit tub with parents but he was still pretty happy with the heated pool. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We felt this campground is overrated compared to other KOAs. It’s a nice family park, clean, and they do keep the kids busy with lots of activities. The spaces are large and rustic. Nice place to tent camp! All KampKabins where nicely located! It was quiet between 10pm – 8am. Downfalls - too many dogs, excessive barking & several ran free. No dog jail enforced on our weekend. Karaoke was too long & too loud. Vehicles drove too fast; a need for speed bumps! KOA needs an online camp map & avoid space 58. If you want solitude try boon docking at Manchester State Park next door (water only) for $25.

Room Tip: Avoid space 58 next to the rental RVs; party central. Tent camping and Kabins looked nice from the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The facility is well-equipped. We particularly liked the common kitchen area where there are about five burners that you can use to cook. Our tent site was right at the edge of the property, near the ocean. It was very windy at that area, although the wind decreases as you go more centrally, as there are lots of trees. The ground has many cabins as well. During the cooking session, we made friends with some other parties. One of them was cooking abalone that he collected from the ocean by diving. That was a great experience.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dwaipayan C

Been to Manchester Beach KOA? Share your experiences!