“Great Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
Manchester Beach KOA
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just took a trip for Labor Day weekend to the MB KOA and it was great. All of the amenities of this KOA are fantastic! They have a ton of activities for all ages, the restrooms & showers were immaculate and the sites were very large, spacious and clean. Two issues we had: thought it was closer to the beach than it was. We walked about a mile and a half one day and about a mile the second day to get to the beach. However the beach was amazing and the trail that leads out of the KOA to the beach is a really nice trail! Second issue was that it was just packed….too many people for us. It’s a very large campground and they fit in as many as they can. I’m sure a 3-day holiday didn’t help us out any. We checked out a few other sites to say in to get a little more quite & privacy and will try to reserve those next time. Great resort if you have kids and need lots of activities to keep them busy. Overall it was a great stay and we will be staying again. I gave them a bit lower score for service because we had an issue checking in, but that was it. Everyone on the staff we encountered were great, friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: If you want it quite and less foot traffic, stay by the dog park. Full hook up's and you wont h...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Macey F

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a fifth-wheel for a couple nights. Facilities are fine; staff friendly and professional. Kind of a downside--due to the drought conditions, the spaces, which are natural ground and neither grass nor paved, are dusty dirt. You are in the trees so their cable is the TV option. Convenient to Mendocono & beach

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob E
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We wanted to camp as close to the beach as possible. My husband went to Manchester Beach KOA as a kid and has fond memories, along with a specific site. So, off we went!

The first thing you notice driving into the property is a busy area. We arrived on a Saturday, hot afternoon. Kids were splashing around in the pool, people walking their dogs, riding bikes. It was busy! Of course it was. It's summer! We walked into the general store to check in. Driving to our campsite, we saw lots of RVs and large tents, a bocce ball court, etc. Basically, all the amenities listed for the KOA.

Arrived at campsite T77. It was SPACEOUS! Lots of room for an extra large tent or 2. Tons of space between you and your neighbors. The mostly shaded site was right by the water spigot and hiking trail. We had a large firepit, two picnic tables and a BBQ grill. This is definitely the largest campsite I've ever been to. Not to mention, a short hike to Manchester Beach.

I discovered an arcade next to the general store! There was karaoke night, arts and crafts, an ice cream social. There was something for everyone! I don't care how old you are, you're never too old for an ice cream social! Let's also throw in the community firepit. Have a seat, warm up and chat with your neighbor.

Oh! I loved that they deliver firewood to your site! Yes, that might be a small thing, but who wants to lug around a bundle of wood? This is the best service ever!!! We had a couple of pieces of wood that I called "trick wood" because as soon as you think it's done, it comes back to life! One piece just refused to die, I ended up dousing it with water. I was sooo sleepy and couldn't wait for the fire to burn out on its own!

Bathrooms are super clean! I speak for the women's bathroom. :-)

I absolutely recommend this KOA for anyone looking to camp very close to the beach without giving up creature comforts. You have kids? Perfect place! Play at the beach all day, then back to camp for some more fun!

The staff here are fantastic! They truly have perfected customer service and making sure you enjoy your stay. We'll definitely be back with family and friends. It's the perfect location!

Room Tip: Site T77 is the closest to the beach, farthest from the hustle and bustle (this means privacy!), you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PicklesPB
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've just spent two days camping here and I'm not impressed, some things annoying others dangerous....
The original pitch I'm offered is full of tree roots and definitely not made for tents, plus it's right next to the entrance road, which if it was the last one fair enough, but it wasn't and I found a far better one elsewhere on the site.
You have to pay for a hit and miss WiFi service, which is through an outsourced company .... haven't paid for WiFi on any other KOA site.
But most dangerous was the out of date cold meat I bought, out of date by 10 days in fact!! I took it back to the reception/shop and the other pack there was also 10 days out of date ... this in a place with lots of children. I ended up with a pretty upset stomach, but it could have been far more serious if a child had eaten any. ... effective stock rotation and control are the basics in retail. When this is pointed out to the manager by the member of staff, they appeared to be unconcerned and just authorised a refund on the meat I'd bought. They didn't even offer an apology ..... at least the member of staff did.
The ritual chanting at odd times of the day from a religious group also got to be pretty annoying as well.

On a positive note it was dry, the beer was cheap and the logs burnt well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Valkyrie666
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Wow, nice place. We stayed 2 nights and unfortunately the only cabin's left didn't have a bathroom. Next time we will plan better. The pool was open but the heater was broken. We were across from the front playground so the kids were very happy. They had a hay ride, ice cream social and outdoor movie night. The bathrooms were clean with nice hot showers. The computers were down when we checked in and the person that checked us in mixed up our license plate with our neighbors and they didn't give us a parking permit, they came around after dinner and asked us to return to the office to get the permit we politely requested they handle it , they returned again and things got a little uncomfortable , finally a manager drove over in a cart and apologized for the mix up and that was that. We did have a few problems but we also had a good time and I think it was just one of those days. We plan to return . Our cabin was next to a permanent trailer with a very loud large family, it was ok for us because we have kids but others may not be so happy. We met a cyclist camping for the night he had ridden 50 miles that day and was riding to Canada, we shared a hot meal with him and he shared some cool stories.

Room Tip: Try and get the cabin with a bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shane C
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a very nice, and very large KOA. There are lots of amenities at this facility, most of which we could not partake in due to our short stay. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and it is nestled amongst coastal cypress and redwood trees. The staff was friendly, and attentive to our needs. The camp store was well-stocked. Our Kabin was clean, and suited our needs. I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at this site. My only concern, and this is minor, is that our Kabin was near the playground and there were a group of three or four young kids who appear to be related to either long-term renters or perhaps the management, and they ran around the playground and around each of the Kabins screaming and creating quite a ruckus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Another great, relaxing stay in one of the Kamping Kabins!

Clean, quiet, well maintained and great location. The owners of this KOA do a great job of keeping this place one of the best KOA's around. Definitely worth staying at, walking distance to the beach, quiet area and close to a market and activities. Also great to stay at the campground and relax, use the pool or spa and enjoy the surroundings.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Been to Manchester Beach KOA? Share your experiences!