“The pier”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The pier”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a young family I would not rush to walk the pier. It looks great from the pathway or the beach, but we visited on a Saturday afternoon and it was pretty manic. Our 20 month old was pretty lost and our 5 year old got a bit bored once her ice cream was done. I would recommend a stroll along the coastal footpath above a walk along the pier.

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great view”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved the view from the pier. Beach Is beautiful never knew so many people fish on the pier. The further you go out on the pier the more fishing poles you see. Personally I sat down on the benches and just enjoyed the view!!!

Ojai, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Cool!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved this pier, parking SUCKS though. The only downside was the big pollution stacks you have to look at to the left and right of the pier....it ruins pictures, and the looks of the coastline. But there was a cute aquarium at the end of the pier with starfish!

Visited November 2013
Manhattan Beach, California
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“I'm so lucky to have this picturesque pier right in my neighborhood.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have to say....of all the neighborhoods in this general area of Los Angeles, I could not be happier living where I do in Manhattan Beach. Fantastic area, beautiful, relatively safe & clean. How happy it makes me to be able to walk straight down the hill and be in Downtown Manhattan Beach. A few steps further is The Strand where I can walk or ride my bicycle with my furry best friend for miles and miles and just beyond that is the soft white sand and the gorgeous Manhattan Beach Pier. The roundhouse at the foot of the pier is quite beautiful I must say. The whole area has a European-seaside village feel to it. Boutiques, restaurants, people with their families, dogs, friends and loved ones. The massive beach "cottages" and the ice plant-covered hillsides. Just gorgeous! It's such a sensational area to spend time.I love walking on the pier and watching the waves, the surfers, looking for the happy playful dolphins, smelling that incredible salty sea mist in the air. Looking south to Hermosa, Redondo and Palos Verdes in the distance and looking north to El Segundo and Marina del Rey. Just for fun, be sure to visit the small but very cool aquarium inside. You can even grab a hot chocolate to keep you warm on those chilly nights at the beach. I love my Manhattan Beach Pier!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sally M
ROCHESTER NY
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Meh. Very nice beach and are! Pier was perhaps quieter than normal”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Walked the area. Nice visit, clean beach. Pier was a 15 minute stroll. Pleasant, nice breeze. No fishing permitted at time of visit, after recent shark incident No rides or amusements like Santa Monica, but bathrooms seemed a little cleaner.