“Bring "Mucho Dinero" to Mucho Ultima!!!”
Review of Mucho - CLOSED

Mucho
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: Complimentary Ocean Express trolley service is available from LAX area hotels to various stops in and around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We ate here with friends who live in nearby El Segundo. We were seated at a very large booth near the back. The restaurant was very crowded and loud. We had a view of the pretty bar area. The menu was interesting and had a nice variety of food options.

We had Baja Tacos, Fish Veracruzana, and Enchiladas. The food prices were high, but the cocktail prices were astronomical!!! The Margaritas are $11.00-$15.00. They charged us $10.00 for 1 oz. of Gran Marnier, and $15.00 for 1 oz. of Anejo Tequila!! Our total bill was over $200.00, for two people!!!! Our bill from Spagos wasn't that much!

To sum it up, it appears that this is a popular "hang out" as well as restaurant, and the food and service was very good. However, it was not worth the price, and a comporable meal can be had elsewhere, without having to "take out a loan" for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Mucho

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I ordered the Carne Asada (skirt steak) and it was good. Overall the food and services were both good, but a bit overpriced compared to the quality/price of other restaurants in the area. The atmosphere is very good and the staff was very friendly

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My colleague and I dined at Mucho while on business travel in El Segundo. I have allergies to gluten and dairy. No problem at Mucho! The waiter was familiar with allergies and willing to modify ANY of the menu items to accomodate my diet. Our waiter Dave, a hockey player, was quite personable and really enjoyed his energy. Thanks Dave!

I had the shrimp and red snapper ceviche, which is an appetizer, but I had as an entree. It was absolutely deliteful. The house corn chips are seasoned with cinnamon and cumin. For me, this was wonderful! I loved the twist and used this with my ceviche. Dave said that some folks like to stick to tradition and don't appreciate the new flavor. I absolutely adored the flavor.

I would highly recommend Mucho. Great service. Great food. Great atmoshpere.

1  Thank cranberryAli
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I had lunch at this wonderful restaurant! Guacamole freshly made at the table , clean fresh ahi soft tacos with mango sauce , chicken breast enchilaladas light, not the usual heavy offerings ! Sauce on the side of "home made " chipotle , salsa verde and tomato salsa and fabulous margheritas . Great live music ... A great way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon !

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Loved the food, drinks, and ambiance. We ate at Mucho 2 out of the 3 nights we were in town, we loved it.