“Great Food but expensive drinks.”
Review of Mucho - CLOSED

Mucho
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: Complimentary Ocean Express trolley service is available from LAX area hotels to various stops in and around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We went to this restaurant our fist night staying in Manhattan Beach. We got a couple of pitchers of margaritas that were very good. We had some appetizers that were also very good. And my Chilean sea bass was the best i've ever had. Very quality food and drinks. However, it is not cheap, but worth it.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I love this place. Come here about once a month, and although it's pricey it's always delicious. get the cotijo cheese coated corn on the cob! amazing!

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I went here with some business clients recently and we had a great time. This is a smaller restaurant with a long bar on one end very nicely decorated. I made a reservation on Opentable however it did not look like we needed it as it was only 75% full at 7:00pm on a Thursday night (however it is winter).
The waiter was very attentive and they brought salsa and chips immediately to the table. The chips are crispy and salty which is perfect but I found the salsa a little weak. We ordered the made to order guacamole and it didn't seem all that special but it did taste good with a little zip behind it. You could tell it was fresh.
I ordered the pulled duck confit enchiladas with the colorado mole and I really liked it. The other two gentlemen had the skirt steak and the chicken enchilladas and raved about it. Nobody was dissapointed on the food.
I ordered their margarita which is about $11 and was dissapointed. Even though it was very tasty, and not a pre-mix, it tasted weak. For that money and only drinking one I was expecting some magic I guess.

I would head back there again to try a new item.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were walking Manhattan Ave late afternoon after a long day of travel, when we came upon Mucho, just opening for the evening. We were seated at a curved bench in the contemporary, attractive lounge area facing the bar. Margaritas (delicious) led to apps. All good. We watched the place fill up, bar, indoor, and sidewalk seating. Had to catch the server's eye when needed, but felt unhurried and relaxed for two hours as Mucho hit its stride.

1  Thank lynnsy
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Was in town for a conference and heard this place was worth trying and it didn't disappoint. My friend and I split a pitcher of sangria, which was reasonably priced and delicious ($30 with tip). We also shared the guacamole which we both found to be excellent. We both had the Baja tacos. She had tuna which I found to be a strange texture combination for this meal and I had the lobster tacos which were wonderful in flavor and texture. The atmosphere is a little loud and the prices are reasonable although not a bargain but given the location and clientele it didn't seam unreasonable.

Overall I would definitely give them a try if you are in the area. Do make a reservation however, we were lucky since there were only two of us earlier on a Friday we were seated easily but there was a substantial wait when we left.