“Consistently Excellent Service”

Second Story - Hotel Belamar
Reserve with OpenTable
Second Story - Hotel Belamar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 192 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosecrans
Transit: Metro Bus stop location on the corner of Rescans & Sepulveda...directly in front of the hotel.
Description: Don’t just go out to eat, go for the total experience! Start with our amazing menu comprised of Americana inspired comfort food with a twist. Relish in our custom hand-crafted drinks, carefully selected wine menu from around the globe and fantastic happy hour with $4 wells and drafts from 4:00pm -7:00pm daily. Take in our striking mid-century modern decor and finally realize the savings with prices you can actually afford! Second Story Restaurant is sure to become your favorite new "hidden" hot spot in the heart of Manhattan Beach! FREE Valet parking is provided.
Los Angeles, California
“Consistently Excellent Service”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times since my previous four star eating and I have to upgrade the rating to five stars due to the excellent service. Whether I'm with adults at night having martinis or having an after school appetizer with my children and their friends, the service is the same. The staff pays attention and has great timing. They pay attention to detail. I don't have to ask for more water.

The restaurant itself is clean and comfortable.

We have always enjoyed the food. I usually order a variety of appetizers, sides and desserts. I've never been disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank SeaJenniTravel

London
“Retro style restaurant with friendly service”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Staying at the Belamar for a 5 nights we got to eat in the hotel restaurant more than once. As there is a good selection of food options in the neighbourhood this was by choice rather than because of necessity. Menu options were excellent suiting a range of budgets and eating requirements. House wine was great value at $6 per glass and waiting staff were friendly. On the down side I found a tendency for style over comfort and didnt particularly like the larger oval tables which seemed unwieldy and limited the numbers we could have in our group (max 6-7 per table)

Visited February 2014
NJ
“Fish and chips with beer”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It's so good that I order an other one to go!
If you drink beer, it will be even better!
The setting is pretty cozy, friendly staff and fast delivery on the meal! Reasonable price and has happy hour too!

Visited January 2014
Kansas City, MO
“Nice little restaurant”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ate at the Second Story half an hour before it closed for dinner. Our server was just great. She greeted us quickly and got us our wine bottle. This restaurant has a nice and reasonably priced wine list. For dinner I had the gruyere cheeseburger, and my wife had a turkey club, which was pretty good. The coleslaw, however, was very good. For some reason they gave my wife French fries as well as coleslaw, okay, that’s a bonus. Overall, a very nice dinner and I’d eat here again if I stayed either at the Belamar or in Manhattan Beach. We also ate here the next morning for the breakfast buffet. Yes, it’s buffet only, and we don’t generally like buffets because they’re hard to keep things fresh and warm but this one was pretty good and included at least one or two made-to-order items (huevos rancheros, which weren’t very good, and a good Belgian waffle in our case). Coffee was very good and the servers were great. Again, very good service, they even let us come back into the restaurant after check-out to get a couple of cups of coffee in to-go cups. We liked this restaurant.

Visited October 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Always good...”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Always a great happy hour where appetizers and some entrees are 1/2 price. I love the lamb chops, sliders and french fries for an early dinner. Service is always excellent -- and food consistently good. It is a bit noisy is the only bummer.

• Visited November 2013