“Great addition to Manhattan Beach Restaurants”

No photo provided
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th & Sepulveda
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We have to like a restaurant if we go twice in one week. We were introduced to Farmhouse when my brother invited us to join about 10 other family members for dinner to celebrate his birthday. The restaurant had set up a large center table for us and we were all quickly seated. We each selected our own entree from the meal. Each plate was delivered hot and with all the others. Our choices for the evening were the Barbacoa Braise and the Fish and Chips. Husband was disappointed that the Barbacoa was no longer made with GOAT meat but the beef was so very moist and well flavored that he enjoyed it! My fish and chips were wonderful. Not greasy, a crisp light batter covering succulent white fish.
We returned for an early New Year's Eve dinner with friends and they were pleasantly surprised to enjoy the dinner. The men had the special prime rib which was cooked to order and had wonderful flavor. We women had the fish and it too was moist and full of flavor.
The menu is very diverse and we decided we have to return to try some of the other choices. There is a full bar. Service was attentive and we never felt rushed even though both evenings could have warranted it.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The restaurant had been hyped by friends and maybe that is where the disappointment came in. The menu was limited although adequately prepared. I would go back to see if maybe my choices were off, but my husband doesn't want to go back at all. I hate to waste an evening out.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

We tried it out and found the food was well prepared and healthy. The really memorable part of the meal was the dessert. It was just a bowl of a couple flavors of ice cream. But the vanilla was the best I've ever tasted.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

This restaurant is fun--great giant metal roosters and additional farmhouse themes. The food is delicious; the cocktails are cold. I recommend the chile verde and the pumpkin pie. My dining companions liked the salmon. I'd eat here again the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I was a frequent diner at the Farmhouse when it was a tiny "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant. Back then the service was fabulous, the food was inexpensive and delicious and the place was always packed. Then the owner decided to expand and moved...as happens many times with expansions, the place lost a LOT of appeal. The service is now horrible. I went there twice recently (once for brunch on the weekend and once during the week for lunch). I was there with three friends for brunch and there was only one other table occupied in the restaurant. Service was HORRIBLE. You would have thought the place was packed--the two servers were too busy talking and laughing with each other to pay attention to the two tables. The food was mediocre and two of us had to send it back because it was cold. It took forever to get it back. One order was incorrect, but we were so sick of waiting my girlfriend didn't bother about it and ate it anyway. Our coffee was never refilled and the only way we managed to get the check was because we stood up to leave and literally waved down one of the two servers (who were still giggling in the corner). I decided to give it another chance and went with a friend to have lunch about a week later as a "test." I ordered the turkey burger and it was horrible. It was supposed to have lettuce and tomato on it, but it lacked both. Instead it came with only the sauce--I mean, really?? It was a pretty sad looking burger; the french fries were cold and tasted like they had been sitting out for a while. Of course, the server had forgotten about us, and we had to ask where our meals were so that might explain things. The place was also empty; we were the only people in there and it was noon! I've gone from being a frequent guest to "never going back."