“Great food and beer affordable prices.”
Review of Simmzy's

Simmzy's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A local pub that serves artisan foods, craft beers and small production wines.
Long Island
“Great food and beer affordable prices.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This place is a lot of fun. We had ahi tuna tartare which was great, awesome chicken wings, veggie burger was really good and slammin fish tacos. The beer choices are a great mix and the prices were very good. The staff was super friendly. A must try for the area. Kid friendly too.

• Visited August 2014

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Second third as good as the first!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

So, I had a delicious brunch at Simmzy's but this time, we were there for lunch. These giant burgers kept floating by us, so we each had to try one. First we ordered the Blue Cheese Haystack, french fry strings with blue cheese and garlic deliciousness. Oh may stars was it good.

Then the burgers arrived and can I just tell you...my husband makes a pretty good burger on the grill. I've been to many of the Food Network named chef's places in Las Vegas that specialize in burgers, but Simmzy's? Simmzy's has them all beat. Hand patted patty, actually cooked rare. I had the Bacon Blue Deluxe that just oozed flavor. Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Maybe it was the garlic aioli, maybe the breadbar buns, whatever, I was in heaven. Husband enjoyed his Simmzy's Burger with cheddar and chow chow onions just as much. I'm not ashamed to say that with a late lunch here, we finished it all and just skipped dinner. (I'm thinking some sort of chocolate stout was also involved here.)

The beer and staff are friendly, too. The next day, we needed to kill some time before dinner with friends so headed back to Simmzy's just to enjoy a different brew and the ambiance. There was a volleyball competition at the beach, making the people watching extra-good. The bartender had just tapped a keg of Russian River's Blind Pig I.P.A.

Check their website photo to know what's on tap that day.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cassyt
California
“Loud, Young Crowd, Great Beach Location, Good Food & Staff”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you like a crowded, loud, tightly packed restaurant with good food, good beer and nice service, this is your spot. Close to the beach. A bit too loud for easy conversation when it's busy. But if you're cool with that, you'l love it here.

• Visited May 2014
Milan, Italy
“Great fish tacos and beer!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Simzy's is always yummy. It's a super cool tiny place with and indoor/outdoor space. The fish tacos featured wild cod from oregon the last time i visited and were outstanding! I always order a dark beer, as the beer selection is massive and changes often. Don't miss it.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Beach2O
Redondo Beach, California
“Great happening spot in Manhattan Beach!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been here twice, the first time was so great that I just had to bring my wife on a date. The atmosphere is buzzing, they have a really great craft beer selection (which I love) and a good but high quality wine selection (which my wife loves) and the entire staff is really friendly and welcoming.

AND the food is really great. I had the blue cheese haystack based on all of the mentions on TA, and it didn't disappoint. I also had the Blue Burger which was juicy, flavorful and just fantastic.

The only so-so dish I had was the wings. I'm a huge fan of wings, so had to order them for the table - but they were just a little too "fancy", their sauce has ginger in it (or something like that) which made them a little sweeter. Just a matter of taste, as it was still well prepared.

One thing to note, when I went the first time it was lunch time and my lunch was perfect. The second time with my wife, I brought her to dinner and thought they'd a dinner menu with more choices, but they don't - your choices are pretty much just burgers and sandwiches, which is fine if you're in the mood for a sandwich or a burger. That said, I'd highly recommend this place as a lunch spot, and maybe a after dinner drink spot, but would not likely come back for dinner.

• Visited July 2014