“Best Clam Chowder”

Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We rented a house in Manhattan Beach for the week and Fish Bar was within walking distance of our El Porto rental. Even though it was a Sunday night, we were seated right away (5 people). The waitress was very friendly and it was a nice lively, but not too loud, atmosphere.

The kids menu is adequate: in addition to the usual chicken strips and grilled cheese, they also offer grilled or fried shrimp or grilled or fried fish. Nice portion size for the kids.

My husband had the ahi tuna fish tacos - very good! We are kind of fish taco snobs, but this one did not disappoint. I wasn't very hungry, so I just ordered a bowl of the clam chowder and a wedge salad. The clam chowder was really very good. Could possibly be the best clam chowder I have ever had, or at least the second best. One of my daughters had the fish and chips and she reported that it was good, but not great. I can't remember what my other daughter had, but she had no complaints either.

The dessert was memorable - a cinnamon roll topped with a caramel pecan ice cream from Manhattan Beach Creamery. I didn't have any, but my husband was talking about that dessert for days.

All in all a great meal. We had hoped to come back for Taco Tuesday and Lobster Wednesday, but our vacation took us to different parts of LA for dinner, so we couldn't make it back. This would be a great place to catch a big game (there are several tv's and our visit coincided with World Cup play, so it was always pretty crowded whenever we walked by).

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We live in Manhattan Beach & eat at the Fishbar weekly. Anything one orders is great but we love the Clam Chowder. They do not take reservations & usually a wait of 30 minutes or more after 5:00 pm. They are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Great service, food & atmosphere.

1  Thank SOCal71
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Visiting from out of state, we wanted to find great food and cool atmospheres in SoCal. This was our first meal in the area, and now nearly a week into our trip, it has still yet to be beat! The food was delicious and served to us in no time by a great staff. The fish tacos were by far the best I've ever had and the crab dip appetizer was also quite excellent. For our late dinner is was a loud scene in a relatively small space which we loved, but I mention it because some may prefer a quieter place.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

A friend and myself visited the Fishbar whilst in LA.

When we arrived they were full, however they took my name, number and advised their would be a 45min wait. We found a bar in the opposite street to wait it out and have a beer. I received an SMS to advise my reservation was logged. At the 35 min mark I received an SMS to advise a table was available.

The food and atmosphere was of a good standard, however the bar was a little cramped.

I will return next time in LA.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place was walking distance from my hotel. Great lively atmosphere with delicious food and mixed drinks. Friendly service and wide variety of fish and non fish items on the menu. I had the brussels sprout app and grilled scallops on a skewer plate - both fantastic. To top it off after my glass of wine, I had a pomegranate margarita. Wow - this was one of the best drinks I have ever had! Would highly recommend Fishbar for either business though could be a little noisy or leisure travelers. Expect a short wait if you are going during peak time at dinner.