“Great food”

Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 197 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My great nephew from Japan had a conference in Manhattan Beach. Based on the reviews, we took him here for lunch. It was wonderful. We had the lunch special of clam chower, grilled shrimp and scallops and a salad for $10.
The service, food and decor was fun, tasty and wonderful.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A total of 13 of us went on a Tuesday night, when it happened to be Taco Tuesday. We sat at adjoining tables and they actually chased us down the street after telling us an hour wait to tell us that we could sit like that in just a few minutes instead.

The service as good, nothing special but solid to say the least. The food was great. We had a variety of tacos, a couple entrees and some apps and nothing disappointed. Place was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Well worth a visit and would live to go back for Fried Lobster and Waffles.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I travel to LA on business and stopped in on Fish Taco Tuesday. We tried multiple and all were awesome. Came back on a second trip and my colleague landed about 1 hr before me. I had him take a taxi to Fish Bar and bring some takeouts back to airport since we had a supplier dinner to go directly to. Couldn't resist having some fish tacos while in LA

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We rented a house in Manhattan Beach for the week and Fish Bar was within walking distance of our El Porto rental. Even though it was a Sunday night, we were seated right away (5 people). The waitress was very friendly and it was a nice lively, but not too loud, atmosphere.

The kids menu is adequate: in addition to the usual chicken strips and grilled cheese, they also offer grilled or fried shrimp or grilled or fried fish. Nice portion size for the kids.

My husband had the ahi tuna fish tacos - very good! We are kind of fish taco snobs, but this one did not disappoint. I wasn't very hungry, so I just ordered a bowl of the clam chowder and a wedge salad. The clam chowder was really very good. Could possibly be the best clam chowder I have ever had, or at least the second best. One of my daughters had the fish and chips and she reported that it was good, but not great. I can't remember what my other daughter had, but she had no complaints either.

The dessert was memorable - a cinnamon roll topped with a caramel pecan ice cream from Manhattan Beach Creamery. I didn't have any, but my husband was talking about that dessert for days.

All in all a great meal. We had hoped to come back for Taco Tuesday and Lobster Wednesday, but our vacation took us to different parts of LA for dinner, so we couldn't make it back. This would be a great place to catch a big game (there are several tv's and our visit coincided with World Cup play, so it was always pretty crowded whenever we walked by).

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We live in Manhattan Beach & eat at the Fishbar weekly. Anything one orders is great but we love the Clam Chowder. They do not take reservations & usually a wait of 30 minutes or more after 5:00 pm. They are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Great service, food & atmosphere.

1  Thank SOCal71