“Great value!”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Great value!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It was pretty quiet hotel even though it's located on busy street. They gave you cookies and water upon checking in. The night front desk staff was really friendly too. The room was spacious and clean. They have mini kitchen and microwave in our room, very convenient. They also provide you with free breakfast. For the price we paid, it was well worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mupphine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Grand Junction
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I thought that this was a very nice place to stay. The rooms were very nice,very clean and spacious.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Australia
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

An excellent choice for a break to recover from jet lag. Just 10 mins from the airport in a taxi - about $20. Unprepossessing exterior. The rooms are centered on an attractive open air courtyard in the centre of the building. We were room 215, away from the main street and very quiet. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. I liked being left to organise my own bags to the room as I prefer that independence. The room is spacious, not luxurious but very well appointed with thought to practicality and comfort. Excellent mattress, small lounge area, a desk and small kitchenette with frig, microwave and coffee maker. No crockery and cutlery but you can request from reception. Clean. A very pleasant 15/20 min walk to Manhattan Beach with trendy shops and eateries. Close to shopping malls. Free wifi. Complimentary breakfast; simple but adequate self serve- cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit, cooked eggs, bacon etc. The lighting was dim mood lighting and I prefer some brighter options. Ask for room away from the Main Street. I will certainly return if flying into LA.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Travel_addict13_10
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel was clean and the price was right. There is a shopping center across the street for food, the bread and butter place (I think it was called) was very good for breakfast and beach sandwiches/snacks. The hotel is not in walking distance to manhattan pier, but it's a short cab ride if you want to go to the beach or out on the town (We were lucky and found a good spot everyday by the beach)
There was a patio inside the hotel that we ate breakfast at. The kitchen has all the basic essentials that you need (although we didnt use anything). Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
If you're reading this and found this useful, please click on the icon. Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank NYGD
Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectation because of the staff. The hotel is cute and the courtyard is pretty. Yes, it is on a busy street but very close to the mall where I was doing business for the week. I checked in late with a few of my co works and Robert (I believe that was his name) and Dana were unbelievably and accommodating. Most people who work the late shifts when I check into hotels are grumpy and even sometimes creepy (I am a female who travels alone often) but the staff made me feel at ease and safe in the hotel. The male was still working when my team and I got breakfast in the morning and he was still just as great spirited as he was the night before even after an obviously long shift.

I stayed for 2 nights and due to unexpected work circumstances needed a hotel late on Thursday night and Dana was working again when I called because I really needed a room again. She immediately helped me out and upon arrival accommodated my parking request and got me checked in immediately.

As a regional director of a retail company I understand the try value in great customer service. The team at this hotel did not just give great service .. They have a great experience.

The female and male that I encountered are certainly the reason that I will be back next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2013
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!