Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$188
  • Pool
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$140
US$306
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$105
Seahorse Inn Motel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$113
Agoda.com
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$494
US$472
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshawthorn suitesunderground parkingsocial hoursmall kitchenettehot breakfasthash brownswine and beeryogurtwaffle makernice courtyardexcellent breakfastfree breakfasthappy hoursepulveda blvdbusy streetrooms are comfortablewould stay here again
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The room was great, the staff was great, the location was great, The bed was great!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Decided to stay here based on reading other reviews. Was not disappointed. The parking lot was not difficult to find. Happy it was free. check in was easy - gave us water, cooklies and a nice "goodie package." Room was extremely clean and fine for us. As a family we loved the breakfast and social hour nightly. We were happy to read about the massage on a previous review on Wednesday; otherwise the hotel didn't tell tell us. Breakfast included eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, waffle maker, cereals, breads, etc. Was more than fine for us. Social hour included beer, wine, veggies and dip, cheese and crackers and 1 or 2 hot items. Some nights we just ate at the social hour - it was enough for us. Staff was friendly, hotel convnient to airport, as well as 405. there is a mall within walking distance with many restaurants and also, a Target nearby. I felt it was an excellent location. We requested a room not on sepulveda and wish was granted. I would stay again and again when coming to LA. Not disappointing. Used AAA discount when booking. Stay hear and you wont be disappointed. Only downside is there isn't a pool. Beach is about 1 mile away- you could drive and park or take a shuttle which you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I was so relieved when I saw the room at this hotel, after the previous lodging during our road trip to Southern California. It was clean, bright, modern, and just made me feel comfortable in a way I can't really put into words. The rate was lower than most of the other chains, so I would consider this a great value. An important thing to note is that this hotel is close to LAX, but doesn't charge for parking.

The location is very close to shops and restaurants (a mall is nearby), which is great if you've rolled into town late in the day and don't want to venture through LA to grab a bite. We stayed here for four nights, and I was a little sad when we left.

The room itself was a little on the small side for a suite (maybe 20X20?), but it was perfectly adequate. It is basically split into quadrants which are all open to one another in the middle. Quadrant 1 holds a desk/bar sink area with microwave and fridge. Quadrant 2 is a small living area with sofa and coffee table. Quadrant 3 is the bedroom area (bigger than the other areas), and Quadrant 4 is the bathroom area (sink is separated from toilet/shower, which is enclosed). The TV is located sort of in the middle of the area so you can view it from the living area or bed.

I felt that this was the cleanest room of our trip (4 different locations). This is really important to me. The only slight negative I have was that you can hear the occupants of the next room pretty well through the walls. However, it seems that is pretty common in hotels where I've stayed. I would definitely stay here again. Even the breakfast was satisfying (full breakfast with hashbrowns, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffle maker and the other standard bread/bagels/cereal/juice).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2009

This hotel is a good deal for the area. We were disappointed that our rooms were not ready when we checked in, but other than that, everything was great. The rooms and common areas were very clean. This is always my priority. I do agree with others, that you need to request a room facing the courtyard rather than the street. These rooms will be quieter. Upon check-in, we were given water and cookies along with a bag of goodies which included sunscreen, toothpaste, and shaving blade. I think I missed a few other things. This was a nice touch. We were a short drive to the ocean. Breakfast was included and was adequate. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happytraveler49
Reviewed 30 May 2009

book w/ aaa discount at $128/nite for 1 bdrm w/ king. free underground parking, but not very accessible off busy street. staff at check in was very accomodating and nice. rooms were basic and clean. free internet access via direct connection in room. breakfast everyday w/ eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, waffle maker, cereal and breads/bagels. they offer free bud and wine during 'happy hr'' on the weekdays. close to manhattan village (macys, ralph's supermarket, etc and many places to eat). target store is 0.5 miles away. fairly close to beach. when booking ask for room away from main road, sepulveda. had an entire childrens hockey team stay there over the weekend, very loud so bring ear plugs. good basic place to stay comparable to courtyard marriot, etc.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family