“The best place to sleep and play in LA!”

Downtown Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 15 November 2013

After moving here 6 months ago from Denver and living temporarily in Venice for 2 months (gross!) and looking at 64 apartments everywhere from Hollywood to Redondo Beach and everywhere inbetween......I have to say...I am VERY pleased with my decision to live in Manhattan Beach! I only live a few blocks from the Pier (by the way, the MOST BEAUTIFUL PIER AROUND!!) and I LOVVVVE being able to walk downtown to the shops, restaurants, cafes, yoga studios, Pier, The Strand, the bike path.....it's pretty awesome! I am making my way to patronize every business there...just because I can! :)
Whether I take a 4 hour bike ride up or down the coast with my doggie in the basket, or take a sunset stroll with him along the Strand to visit all the other dog owners or take a guest downtown to let them choose which restaurant they would like to try out while window shopping along the way! it's all pretty darn good, I must say!
Somwhat upscale area and crowd (which is nice consdiering other areas around LA!!) and while it does lack a certain amount of "edgy character" it also lacks things like hoards of homeless people, visible numerous drug dealers and addicts wandering around, and just generally unsafe/creepy vibes. Though, I do realize that we are in LA (a ginormous city and everything that comes along with that)...I really like Manhattan Beach and all its high end conveniences and luxuries! And by the way.....I've never had this many guests in my life time! Everyone wants to come visit me after seeing all the photos I post online and all the cool, delicious, beauty that is Manhattan Beach!

10  Thank Sally M

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stopped in Manhattan Beach after a day of Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood, Sunset Boulevard, all the typical L.A. sights, and it was a welcome break. Everything slowed down once we got here. The small shops lining the streets, the coffee shops with locals hanging around, the families out for a day at the beach. It was a small town beach right in L.A.

2  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Downtown Manhattan Beach is filled with great shops and outdoor pubs and bistro's. It's like out of a movie scene. A fun place to visit if you like to try new foods, people watch. The beach has numerous volleyball nets and not too far to walk to reach the water. Had a great family day!

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stroll along the streets and visit the numerous shops. We also walked along The Strand, the mile-length row of million-dollar houses that line the beach.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was there twice during my trip. Once it was very cloudy but it burned off later in the afternoon. the other time as for lunch and had a nice time walking on the boardwalk it was 70 and everybody was out and about enjoying the day.