“Taco Tuesday was a hit / Live Music was outstanding”
Review of Baja Sharkeez

Baja Sharkeez
Ranked #120 of 192 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 August 2013

$1.50 tacos... mahi mahi/ shrimp etc. AWESOME.. Live country band. Kind of a college scene but for anyone who likes live music and good food, you cant go wrong. We were told they do the country music once a month or so but we loved it.

There are newer reviews for Baja Sharkeez

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I went to this bar on a weekend evening to watch a college football game. Their policy is that you order drinks and food at the bar. It was much too difficult to place my order, as the bartenders were either understaffed or disinterested in me as a customer. When I arrived the music was rather loud, and then at around 10 PM a disc jockey started playing the music, and the noise level was too much to speak and to be heard above. My daughter and I were almost glad that the game became uninteresting, so we could leave before it ended and go outside where we could talk in normal voices. On the plus side, the food was good and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stopped in for a quick beer and drink with the wife. Bartender Jeff got my beer quickly but my wife needed a minute, not seven, to decide. Jeff walked by several times but never asked if we were all set. Finished my beer and bartender Jeff asks what my wife would like. Did I mention that we were there for a quick one? Asked to pay the bill, 6.50 for the 12 oz plastic cup of Amstel light. Seemed a little high so I ask him on the menu where the beer prices were. No where. He shows me a paper with the prices that only the bartenders have. Sound fishy?
Then he argues with me while giving the change back. Did I also mention that Jeff said he was busy. 5 people in the bar. Someone please revoke his MM card!!!!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hanging out at Sharkeez you can already assume it's going to be a little generic. There are tons of these places all throughout southern CA, and there isn't really anything that sets this one apart from the others. The drinks are measured out precisely every time, so no chance that you'll get an exceptionally strong or tasty drink - in fact, you can almost guarantee that your drink will taste like the tonic, soda, or juice that is mixed with it. The food is decent, and we actually had a pretty good burger, but again, it's really generic. There's always a big crowd, so you're better off drinking somewhere else and stopping by to check out the people, not the drinks or the food.