“Tasty Eats by the Ocean”
Review of Baja Sharkeez

Baja Sharkeez
Ranked #118 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a good place to go if you're craving Mexican fare and booze. They have awesome drink specials and many to choose from. They specialize in margaritas. Their sampler platters are good for sharing. Their food is fresh, but their service isn't the best. Super casual spot to enjoy a lazy weekend day.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Happy hour is cheap and good. Also ate there during lunch hour. Food is fantastic but you have to order at the bar - no table service

Reviewed 20 September 2013

There is some confusion on the TripAdvisor site regarding this restaurant, as some are reviewing it as "Sharkee's" (that site has 12 reviews). However, now that we've been there, we know that it is spelled "Sharkeez". And this one is in Manhattan Beach.
When our children attended UCLA, this was such a favorite hang out for them. We heard much about it, but had never been there. This trip, our son took us to Sharkeez for lunch. And what a fun lunch it was ! The atmosphere really puts you in the mood for a beach party. Everything is so colorful; the menus, the drinks, the table decor, and particularly the thatched roof over the bar. If you're in a bad mood, all you need is to go there to be cheered up. This would be such a great place for a party.
We took a window table towards the back, and this way could observe everything going on around us. My husband had the Fajita Mixed Grill ($12.99), our son had the Mahi Grilled Burrito ($9.99) and I had the Shrimp Quesadilla ($12.49). Those were fantastic prices for what we got !!!! The portions were generous and so delicious. Everything arrived at the table piping hot and practically sizzling. I had the Desert Pear Margarita which was excellent, and on Monday (9/16) they had a special on certain margaritas, so my husband had 2 Manzanita minis. (Those were $1.50 each and NOT watered down!!) As it turns out, they have lots of daily specials (food and drink), and that information is on their menu, which is displayed on their website.
They do not have desserts there. We inquired only because we were curious, not because we wanted any, as we were really full. Service was efficient and professional. I know that if we lived in that area, we would certainly go there at least every few weeks. So many tempting items on the menu !
Parking in Manhattan Beach can be a problem. Sharkeez has free parking spots (those marked in white) in a parking lot on Rosecrans. It's just a block and a half easy walk from there.

6  Thank NYU62
Reviewed 14 August 2013

$1.50 tacos... mahi mahi/ shrimp etc. AWESOME.. Live country band. Kind of a college scene but for anyone who likes live music and good food, you cant go wrong. We were told they do the country music once a month or so but we loved it.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I went to this bar on a weekend evening to watch a college football game. Their policy is that you order drinks and food at the bar. It was much too difficult to place my order, as the bartenders were either understaffed or disinterested in me as a customer. When I arrived the music was rather loud, and then at around 10 PM a disc jockey started playing the music, and the noise level was too much to speak and to be heard above. My daughter and I were almost glad that the game became uninteresting, so we could leave before it ended and go outside where we could talk in normal voices. On the plus side, the food was good and the prices were reasonable.