“Our family restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It ain't cheap, but it's worth every cent. Service, atmosphere, food quality and choice. And very reasonable wine list. The ribs are the best in the state.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a steady, dependable restaurant. The service is always good though with multiple wait staff serving one's table it can get a bit confusing. Personally, I love the ribs - they are the best you'll find anywhere in the country. The soups and salads are also great. Love that they do NOT serve bread, I don't need those calories!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have had the opportunity to dine at Houston's on three occasions since September 2012 when staying nearby at the Manhattan Beach Marriott. Houston's is within walking distance from the Marriott. Service has always been top notch on all visits. Food is good too. When you want an upscale causal dining experience and/or a business meal then this dining establishment might be for you.

2  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I almost didn't eat here. When I first walked in the restaurant, I noticed a strong musty smell. Maybe the carpets need to be replaced or cleaned. Since everything else seemed clean, we decided to stay. I have eaten at Houston's (at various locations) many times, but something seems different now. The past four times I ate at either a Houston's or another restaurant in the Hillstone group I left feeling a little nauseous. This leads me to believe something has changed about their ingredients or their cleanliness during preparation. However, the taste of the food at this location was as good as I expected. It definitely seems that the french fries have changed, though. They used to be thin and slightly crispy; now they are a little thicker and softer.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Really good fine casual dining. I have been unable to venture past the amazing French Dip Sandwich. The shaved Roast Beef/Prime Rib is great but the kicker is the roll. I am not sure if they make it in house but the French roll is always fresh and tasty. Wish there was one in SLC closer to home.