“Best breakfast!”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I thought the food was absolutely amazing! It's a small place but has a great feel/atmosphere. We did have to wait about 45 minutes to get a seat, but it was worth it. I wasn't overly impressed with our waitress. Possibly just because they were so busy. I loved everything about this place! Highly Recomended!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Less than a block away from beach access Uncle Bill's is a must stop place before hitting the sand, the volleyball courts, and the water at Manhattan Beach. Get there at the right time or you may have to wait a bit for a table because there's not nearly enough seating for this popular hangout. Just hanging out and people-watching, while waiting to be seated, isn't a bad distraction, though.
I had the eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, coffee and orange juice. Everything was deeeeelicious. The eggs were done to my request, the potatoes were crispy. Makes me hungry just thinking about them right now!!
The atmosphere is relaxed and very California style. Though it was a bit cloudy and cool the day I was there, I can easily imagine diners sitting in swim suits, straw hats, shorts and flip flops! Very kid friendly. The table next to me had three kids under six, and they were all gobbling up pancakes!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Uncle Bill's Pancake House is pure Manhattan Beach. It is small, crowded and filled with people of all ages. The food is great, the servers know what they are doing. Great beach town atmosphere with locals and visitors sharing smiles.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food was excellent. My wife and daughter had the pancakes, which they were still talking about days later. I had the ham and cheese omelet. It might have been the best omelet that I have ever had. I would recommend going early because the place did fill up quickly.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I absolutely love waffles and pancakes so I was hooked on this place from the first time I visited - which was actually 10 years ago. So coming back after visiting once, 10 years ago, should mean something!
I liked everything about the place, starting with the food (of course :)), the location, its charm and unique look completely different than what you see at IHOP or other huge chain, which is why I still remembered it years later. And I was not disappointed the second time around!