“Great breakfast place”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Visiting from the East coast and happened upon The Kettle while walking through Manhattan Beach. Good find. Smoked salmon Benedict was very good. The muffins are fabulous. Popular place, but not a long wait. Great service. Looked at other reviews after we found it, and the positive ones are right on.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Whenever I'm in the area we try to eat breakfast at The Kettle. Close to the pier and shops. Indoor and outdoor seating. Most importantly, Coke products! The service is always great and the food great. Muffins are amazing!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Last day of our trip we decided to stop by this icon of Manhattan Beach. We were seated fairly quick at a patio table with a great ocean view and we're served drinks right away. The waiter was on top of it. Food cane out pretty quick but was already cold when it got to the table. There's nothing like cold bacon.

Eggs weren't really cooked as requested, bacon was cold, toast was cold but the coffee was hot. With breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids th we tab was $60. So a little on the high side for breakfast, especially when it come out cold.

I think most have seen the movie "Waiting" so there's no way I'm sending my plate back for a "bat wing" exposure!

I'd say I'll be skipping this spot next time I'm in the area.

sarah s, Manager at The Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hi there - We are so sorry to hear that your breakfast was less than perfect! We will GLADLY remake anything - our team is dedicated to ensuring each customer is happy and satisfied and to even think that sending something back would result in a situation similar to the movie "waiting" is completely FALSE. We hope that you give us another chance next time you are in town. Best, Sarah

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Generous portions. Great view of the street. People watching. Very good service and excellent food. What is there more to say?

This place is the staple of Manhattan Beach. If this is your first time at Manhattan Beach stopping over at LAX, come here. Better still, it is open til late. So if you are out and need something to eat, this is the obvious choice.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food as well as the service is top notch. My wife and I were visiting Southern California with our granddaughter and were quite pleased with our lunch stop at the Kettle!