“Lovely garden cafe”

Sloopy's
Ranked #25 of 196 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Good food, good drinks, lovely spot to sit and relax. Highly recommend this spot for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a great evening here watching games and eating some really good food. Staff was very good in a busy place. Thanks a great time.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love the fireplace in the middle of this place! The Koji tacos are awesome! Their idea to bring the outdoors inside was brilliant and they have great live music on Friday nights!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Food is nothing special, and the waitress got my simple order wrong, I am not too picky, but I do not tolerate mistakes like that. The food was nothing special, but the atmosphere was pretty cool as well as the fireplace in the middle of the restaurant.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I finally made it to Sloopy's after wanting to go for a while. Took an out of town guest here for an early breakfast before heading back to LAX. This place was a TOTAL JOKE!!! I cannot express HOW BAD our experience was. I only wish I had the name of our COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND LAME waitress. (Young girl, blondish/brown pony tail). We told her from the minute we sat down that we were kind of in a hurry to make a flight. She said NO PROBLEM. I'LL MAKE SURE YOUR BREAKFAST COMES OUT QUICK. There were THREE OTHER TABLES IN THE WHOLE RESTAURANT. 3!!
TWENTY FIVE MINUTES LATER AND 3 TIMES TELLING US OUR FOOD WOULD BE COMING OUT NEXT.....
I told her to FORGET IT! Cancel our order. We are leaving!!
And the topper?? NO APOLOGY...NO FREE MUFFIN FOR THE ROAD....NO NOTHING EXCEPT....AND I QUOTE..."well I hope you are at least going to pay for your coffee."
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
REALLLLY IMPRESSIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I literally tossed a $5 bill on the counter as I walked out. Which was STUPID of me!! I should have told her where she could put her coffee. This place SUCKED!!!! SAVE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME and go somewhere better...ANYWHERE other than this PATHETIC excuse for a restaurant.