“Great Service, unfortunately not the Shrimp”
Review of Versailles Restaurant - CLOSED

Versailles Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had never experienced Cuban food so I stopped in to the Manhattan Beach location to see what it is all about. There waiter appeared almost instantaneously to take my drink order. I ordered an appetizer and the shrimp in yellow rice. The service was almost too quick. After only a couple of drinks of the cerveza, the appetizer appeared, and before I finished even half of the appetizer, the shrimp was served. So high marks on the service. The shrimp on the other hand left something to be desired. It tasted like frozen shrimp thrown into the microwave to defrost and then into the pot without even being rinsed. It had a real bad after taste that even the cerveza didn’t wash away. The rice and plantains were good. Good parking at this location. Easy drive from LAX.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stop for a midafternoon snack. Very friendly servers and chef willing to compromise. We had empanadas, papas rellenas, plantains soo yummy and tasty Moros y Cristianos. Food and service were Excellent!

1  Thank leyvilla3
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Manhattan Beach
Cuban
One of our favorite places
The best lechon ever and wonderful garlic chicken served with black beans and white rice (moros y christianos), plantains, and mojo sauce
Lots of seafood dishes
Beer and wine at reasonable prices
Deadly desserts: flan, tres leches cake, rice pudding
Waiter/waitress service
Minus: underwhelming avocado salad for $6

1  Thank Rosquete
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have now visited all of Versailles locations in Southern California. This one is the best. The value is as good as the food. The garlic sauce on the chicken is rich and delicious. I have tried several Cuban restaurants and they don't measure up to the quality and value of Versailles. I have also tried the Bistec De Palomilla - Top Sirloin Steak which is graced with the same garlic sauce as the chicken. It is good but I prefer the chicken. Sides are lots of white rice, baked black beans and fried plantains.

1  Thank SOCGAC
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I go to this restaurant any time I am in Los Angeles. The seafood is fresh and has that Cuban touch. The portions are big, so come hungry or be ready to share. Rice/beans, plantains, yuca, pork (shaved pork!), you must try it next time in Los Angeles area.

1  Thank TexasPTY