“Haven't lived in CA in 20 years, but still make pilgrimage to Versailles”
Review of Versailles Restaurant - CLOSED

Versailles Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Their authentic Cuban food is delicious! They sell their marinade too, stuck a jar in my checked baggage.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I'm new to the area and have driven by several times and was intrigued by the idea of Cuban food. I had a friend in from out of town and we came here. I'M SO GLAD WE DID!! Awesome low key, low profile atmosphere with really cool Cuban music playing in the background. Our waiter was super nice and suggested the garlic chicken with yuca Frita for an appetizer. OMG!! Perfection!!
Roasted 1/2 chicken, so tender and moist, with pickled (?) onions (yummy!!) and plantains all in a garlic sauce with a side of black beans and rice. The yuca frita were sooo tasty!! With a little garlic sauce and tapatio on top. QUE RICO!! We shared both and that was just perfect and even left room for the Tres Leches cake for dessert. I am in heaven!!! Beyond words how delicious that cake was!
All for under $30??? Unheard of in the Manhattan Beach area!! I will be back and will tell everyone I know how awesome this place is. PS - we chatted with the Manager...such a nice and funny guy!!
Thank you for an AWESOME dining experience!

1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I had never experienced Cuban food so I stopped in to the Manhattan Beach location to see what it is all about. There waiter appeared almost instantaneously to take my drink order. I ordered an appetizer and the shrimp in yellow rice. The service was almost too quick. After only a couple of drinks of the cerveza, the appetizer appeared, and before I finished even half of the appetizer, the shrimp was served. So high marks on the service. The shrimp on the other hand left something to be desired. It tasted like frozen shrimp thrown into the microwave to defrost and then into the pot without even being rinsed. It had a real bad after taste that even the cerveza didn’t wash away. The rice and plantains were good. Good parking at this location. Easy drive from LAX.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stop for a midafternoon snack. Very friendly servers and chef willing to compromise. We had empanadas, papas rellenas, plantains soo yummy and tasty Moros y Cristianos. Food and service were Excellent!

1  Thank leyvilla3
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Manhattan Beach
Cuban
One of our favorite places
The best lechon ever and wonderful garlic chicken served with black beans and white rice (moros y christianos), plantains, and mojo sauce
Lots of seafood dishes
Beer and wine at reasonable prices
Deadly desserts: flan, tres leches cake, rice pudding
Waiter/waitress service