“Good sushi and service, decent value”
Review of Fusion Sushi

Fusion Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Fusion Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 191 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Description: Fusion Sushi, established in 2002, resides near a fairly populated residential area. It has been known as the tourists' site in the city of Manhattan Beach. In addition to the reputation for its beautiful oceanic view and a variety of special menu items, it attracts many customers for private parties in the banquet room with a karaoke which holds up to 70 people. It is also a perfect destination for a romantic night out in town. Added to that atmosphere, it holds big wide screen TVs for sports fans to enjoy the game of their choice. Thanks to the beautiful oceanic view, this site attracts not only the daily local customers, but also students from University of Southern California campus and tourists. This location caters to the casual dining patrons, yet its elegance attracts those who seek formal dining experience as well. Call it a Japanese restaurant or a sports bar, you won't ask for more than what it already serves to its guests.
Butte, Montana
“Good sushi and service, decent value”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We were actually looking for Sashi, but it was undergoing renovations. Fortunately, Fusion was right nearby and we enjoyed a wide variety of offerings. We enjoyed it well enough that we visited the restaurant twice during the week we were in the area.

• Visited January 2013

Huntington Beach, California
“Good sushi, average value, great service”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant while in manhattan beach. It's off the main road, so unless you're looking for it, you could miss it. Lots of locals, which is always a good sign. Prices were a bit high, even by sushi standards. Ordered a variety of rolls. None were fantastic, but all were good. A bit cramped, so if you're looking for a quiet dinner out, this isn't the place. Overall, a good experience.

Moose Lake, Minnesota
“Good sushi and great service”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I really don't know very much about sushi, but I am learning, and this sushi tasted very good. We had several different kinds of rolls including the Caliente roll, another with avocado and shrimp, and another with scallops and crab. We had the hot saki with all, and the combination was very nice. One of our group had an oyster shooter (oyster with a quail egg etc.) that they also said was very tasty. Throughout all of our eating, the service was impeccable, beginning with a friendly greeting and our seating in a nice booth followed by the bowl of edamame. Our friends had been there many times, and they said this sushi place is a favorite!

• Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good fusion/new sushi with all the regular options and better than average service”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I dined at Fusion Sushi in July of 2012 by myself while on business.

I was created pleasantly as soon as I walked in on a Wednesday evening to a bustling restaurant that was mostly full. I was seated immediately at the Sushi Bar, and my drink order was taken as soon as I sat down.

There was a full selection of domestic and Japanese beers, including some higher alcohol Japanese beers you don't find as often such as Suntory. They also have a full bar, with nice whiskey and scotch selections. Wine list looked solid, but I didn't review it in detail.

They have all the traditional Nigiri and Roll options you'd expect, but where they shine is in their Fusion (New Style) sushi offerings. I had a Tuna with a sweet citrus sauce with fried spinach leaves that were crispy. It also had crisped garlic, some sweet onion, and several other tastes going on, it was outstanding.'

I started with a Toro sashimi order, it was fresh, yummy and tender, and made for a great beginning.

I also had a hamachi (yellowtail) new style sashimi that had a tasty sauce that I think had a Mirin base, sweet with a kick, with a jalapeño slice, and what I think was dried Miso. It reminded me of one of my favorite Nobu dishes.

I also had a spicy roll with hamachi and crab, and a bunch of other goodies, I can't remember it's name, and to finish I had the chef make me a spicy tuna hand roll with masago and jalapeño that was really tasty.

Edamame was provided gratis with my first drink, and service was outstanding. Two different wait staff folks checked in on me often, and I never had to wait to get a refill, or the check.

Overall, it was a great meal. Lot's of folks have posted this is a good value in terms of pricing, I don't know that I'd rate this as "cheap", but prices are fair. I had an order of Toro ($25), two fusion sashimi plates, a special roll, a hand roll, and two beers, tab before tip was $85, so I'd say that's about average for a decent sushi joint, but by no means "cheap".

Decor was a little dark, but not in a bad way, the sushi bar was well lit, and clearly the architectural focus of the room. All in all, I had a great meal, and would absolutely go back if the opportunity presented itself.

• Visited July 2012
manhattan beach, ca
“Good value sushi”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Fusion Sushi is great for good value take out sushi.

Visited May 2012