“Best quality mexican on the cheap ever!”
Review of Wahoo's Fish Taco

Wahoo's Fish Taco
Ranked #39 of 192 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best quality mexican on the cheap ever!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My brother took me here while visiting the LA area. He is a former CA resident and said he'd been trying to get back to this restaurant for about 5 years. OMG, the food here is wicked rico! Had the steak enchiladas with green sauce with chips and guac. Wow, it was amazing. More than worth the 10 bones I paid for the meal. The guac is the best I've ever had. If you thrive on the hole-in the wall joints in awesome beach settings with crazy good mexican food, this is the place for you!

• Visited October 2013

“Wasn't that impressed”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I thought I would try to new Wahoo's Fish Taco that was open. Have to say I still prefer Rubio's Fish Tacos. Possibly it's just that I've been accustomed to Rubio's... Doubt I will return again.

Visited October 2012
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Fresh and cheap”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Grabbed a bit to eat with family. Food was good, big portions and cheap. Nothing fancy but good. Great place to walk to while in Manhattan Beach anytime of the day.

Visited March 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Fantastic Fish Tacos - I Know, I Had My Doubts Too”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We had been introduced to Wahoos Fish Tacos when they were first founded in Costa Mesa, CA. Then I was too doubtful about fish in a taco. Beef, pork, carnitas yes, but fish? We moved away in 1993 but anytime we came to CA we sought out a Wahoos Fish Taco restaurant (it has spread around the state). I also learned that good fish in a taco was absolutely delicious.

The Manhattan Beach restaurant was no exception. My son and I each had the two fish taco plate and my son had a carnitas enchilada. He was disappointed in the enchilada, but we ooh and aahed over the fish tacos. We came back the next night an each ordered the two fish taco plate with an extra fish taco. The plate comes with beans (I recommend the black beans) and rice (the white is well seasoned and the brown costs extra).

The third night we had dinner at the Wahoos Fish Taco in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. The tacos were great there too. The only Wahoos I was disappointed in was the San Jose, CA restaurant. The fish was not up to our expectations. But we have found this to be the exception. The Manhattan Beach Wahoos is steps from the beach and the Manhattan Beach pier - a great location.

If we ate at Wahoos three nights in a row that tells you something about how good and unusual the fish tacos are. They also have low calorie plates with lettuce rather than tortillas. I highly recommend you give Wahoos a try, and don't be put off by fish in a taco.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank John R
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Disappointing fish taco.”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Funky little beach place. The fish tacos were bland - did they forget the secret sauce? My wife's are much better.

Visited November 2012