“Cool shade” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Cool shade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have stayed at the Shade numerous times over the last several years. Enjoy the close proximity to stores and other activites. The staff has always been very friendly and made us feel welcome. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. The food and bar service is excellent. We will be coming back again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I hosted a 3 day business meeting at Shade this week. We loved the service, rooms, location, and meeting facilities. We took advantage of the rooftop terrace, zinc lounge, and blue room for business meeting. The hotel is close to great restaurants, shops, the pier, and the beach so once here you don't have to drive. This is the third event we hosted at Shade and can't wait for the next.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We were recently visiting family in the South Bay, down from San Francisco. We try and stay at the Shade when we get down South. We give it a five thumbs up! The location is only 15 minutes from LAX, then you enter the Oasis of Manhattan Beach far away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Park the car and enjoy the great Zinc Lounge with great nightlife, food and drinks, and all area's other restaurants and the 5 minute walk to the pier. The upstairs deck and pool was great to enjoy the ocean breeze The rooms were very clean and modern with lots of gadgets, lighting and great shower and jacuzzi bathtub, and even Tempur-Pedic matresses! The staff was very attentive to our needs, and all of them (front desk staff, bartenders, waitresses, and the housekeepers, and the gregarious and charming founder Milo was a big plus) and all went out of their way to please. We are sure you will enjoy the Shade Hotel experience as much as we do.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We have stayed at the Shade numerous times in the past 3 years and never stay anywhere else. It is very clean and has beautiful and modern decor. The staff, from reception to housecleaning is excellent, friendly and always willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay fabulous and memorable. It is located right in the middle of the exciting and beautiful Manhattan Beach where everything is easily accessed by foot. We highly recommend the Shade Hotel to anyone looking for a vacation or business stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed at the Shade when in LA on business. The rooms are perfect, the food superb and the service 5 star.

The breakfast buffet was a huge plus...allowing me to have a great breakfast without interfering with my 10 hours of meetings.

One of the finest experiences I've had in the US.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about this Hotel, the Staff and Zinc Lounge. I have been here multiple times for many reasons and have always had very friendly, prompt, and thorough service. When I held workshops for my business there in the green room they thought of everything for me. They had everything set up on time, valet discount for participants, refreshments and more for my participants. The feed back from my participants was that they felt like they just did a workshop at a spa. That is exactly how I feel giving my workshops there as well.

I have eaten at Zinc quite a few times and am so grateful they were flexible and accommodating with my specific diet which can be a little odd. Food is fantastic too. I just really love the vibe there. Day is like a spa and night is fun!
Based on all of my great experience, I looked into getting married here. My correspondence with Alyssa and Katie was fantastic. They answered the MANY questions I had as a planning bride promptly and clearly. I knew I would be totally taken care of. The ONLY reason I chose not to get married here was choosing to go out of town instead. It was a seriously hard choice and wish I could have brought Shade with me.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The perfect location is only the beginning of the story with Shade Hotel. I have the opportunity to stay at hotels throughout the nation and typically enjoy the boutique establishments because of their unique attention to customer service. The Shade Hotel offers consistent excellence in room quality, cleanliness, keen attention to detail, excellent dining options just to name a few. We are treated like family at this establishment and there was NO request that wasn't granted. There are many choices to stay in the LA area but very few that give the "Shade" experience. Sincere thanks to Milo Bacic and his exceptional staff. Thank you again for a five-star experience!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Hi View Inn & Suites
Hi View Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Shade Hotel? Share your experiences!