“Beautiful, would return in a headbeat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shade Hotel

Shade Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
NYC
“Beautiful, would return in a headbeat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel in Manhattan Beach was recommended to me by a couple of people. It was a combination of romantic/luxurious/relaxing all in one. My room had a king size bed with a beautiful soaker tub with jets. The service was impeccable. Although the restaurant in the evening had too loud music in my opinion, the food was very good and there was a mix of indoor/outdoor seating depending on your preference. My rate included a continental breakfast but I do not know if it is always included; a lot of people I saw had the breakfast. A few short blocks to the beach and pier (I steep climb back up the hill to the hotel). Surrounded by good restaurants and a spa two doors down at Trilogy ( I will give them a great reco on Trip Advisor too)

Room Tip: Second floor is better but I do not think any of the rooms have great views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DebbieNYC1075

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

What a perfect location and lovely boutique hotel. Our room was spacious, comfortable, clean and the air conditioning welcomed. Nice jetted. large tub. The only thing that I would have added to the room is a chair that adjust in height to be able to work on the bed long table. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. We found their Zinc restaurant prices very reasonable. You have many of dinning and shopping options within walking distance. The beach and pier are 4 blocks away.

Room Tip: Our room faced Valley Drive and it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mmgsm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

If not for word of mouth I would have never known about this hotel, but it is a must-stay! Clean, contemporary, just blocks from the beach. A lively courtyard outside was the perfect vibe and the bar has an excellent staff and great menu. Just the right mix of casual and elegant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank luxetraveler5
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location is hard to beat, and the service is great. I don't think the hotel is a great value, but I will return. Complimentary beach cruisers are a great convenience. The rooms are interesting. I am not a fan of the bathtub in the middle of the room, but I am sure some people love that feature.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Trabuco Canyon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have been fortunate to stay at a lot of nice hotels, but this one took it to the next level. If you have business or vacation in the Manhattan area, this place will give you memories you won't forget. The rooms are excellent and the staff could not be friendlier.
Something you have to experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jer7Bear
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

...I just returned from two weeks in Manhattan Beach and my stay at Shade was nothing short of fantastic. I'm very all travelled, but rarely have I found a city or hotel that I just can't wait to get back to. I guess I'm always looking for my next great adventure. That's all changed with my stay at Shade. I live in La Quinta and love it here November thru May, but come the summer and fall when things heat up you'll find me at the beach and beyond. Travel is a passion. My usual routine will find me anywhere from La Jolla, to Del Mar, to Laguna, etc..for 3-4 night stays. Now that I've found Shade AND Manhattan Beach that's all changed. The town itself and the location of Shade make this a vacation paradise. I can walk to the beach in a matter of minutes, and I'm just steps away from fabulous choices for food and drinks. As a matter of fact the food and service is so good at Shade that I not only ate breakfast there most days, but had several lunches and dinners there as well. The only time I ever got in my car was to go workout at Equinox a fabulous gym included in the price of my stay. The Shade is quaint, only 38 rooms, yet the lobby bar is lively and a great way to chill at the end of the day. Shaunne, Cecelia, Cristina, Gustavo, and the rest of the staff made me me feel at home from the time I walked through the front door. Shade is minutes from LAX, and close enough to Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, etc..should you want to venture out, although I'm not sure why you'd ever want to leave. I know I'll be back in just 3 weeks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Osakasayama, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a good time to stay at Shade.I stayed long days that was 5 nights.Staff was very kindly. Valet prepared my rental car while I was eating breakfast. Near beach,some restaurant,everything good. But,one day, road near the hotel had been closed to traffic for event of something.

Room Tip: Sometime there is a party in the courtyard . I would recommend a room on the outside.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi View Inn & Suites
Hi View Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Shade Hotel? Share your experiences!