“Great find”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Great find”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Really enjoyed this delightful and cool hotel in Manhattan Beach CA. Great service, clean and vibrant. Would have preferred closer to the beach, but easy to get in and out of. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry L
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Larry L,

Wow, great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate a wonderful review like this, thank you for posting and we hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks!

amurray@thebelamar.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to The Belamar and recommend this hotel. I checked the reviews and pictures before booking. To my surprise, the room looked better in person than the pictures and it was bigger than I expected given the size and age of the hotel. The room décor was modern and the colors soothing, relaxing. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding and toiletries were the quality of a more expensive hotel yet this hotel is such a bargain. Speaking of bargain, some reviews say $10 for a valet is expensive. I have never been to a hotel in a big city and paid less than $20 for valet or self-parking. I think $10 is a steal.

Besides the room, I was impressed with the interior courtyard—so pretty—and the staff. During my stay I met Ricky, Fabian, and the manager, Andrea. All made me feel welcome by spending a few minutes talking to me at check-in and saying hi throughout my stay. Ricky even went out of his way to find me something after hours.

Location to LAX and Manhattan Beach can't be beat. The walking trail is well maintained and a straight shot to restaurants and shops in MB through a cute neighborhood. I will stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank smileyhawaiian424
Dear Smiley,

Thank you for yoru recent stay and review, I will be sure to thank my team for taking good care of you during you recent visit. We appreciate the lovely review.

Many thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

It was a hike from a lot of things.
The mall right next to the hotel really isnt safe so it makes it tough to walk around.
Its a nice mile walk to the manhattan beach which is a beautiful area.
The breakfast buffet and the free coffee in the lobby was great. I thought the staff was just ok nothing great..
I recommend to rent a car or use uber if you are staying in this area.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Dosamante,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Belamar. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the close proximity to the beach area, we are about a 20 min walk to the water and Manhattan Blvd where there is some great boutique shopping and dining options. We are so glad to hear it made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Impromptu visit to LA, this hotel greeted my vacation on the right note. Charming grounds, nice staff. The bed was great, the restaurant was excellent, reliably comforting place to stay. Also quiet and clean, are big +s in my book. Wish all 1st time visits went that well.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. My only complaints were the noise of my upstairs neighbors and the fact that the price of the room did not include breakfast. I'm sorry but at b almost 300 bucks a night a buffet should be included

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Helen L,

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing the Belamar Hotel. We appreciate your feedback in relation to your stay experience. My apologies that the room was a bit noisy for you. We will be sure to address your concerns and we hope to see you again soon. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay perfect for you.

Andrea Murray
310.750.0302
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Arrived early (1:30 pm) on a Saturday from out of town. Understandably, they were unable to allow an early check in. Upon returning at 6:30 pm we were told that the last double room was not ready and would take 30 minutes to clean. As we had driven 2+ hours and spent 5 hours walking around we just wanted to clean up and get some dinner. They offered to comp us for breakfast the following morning, nice but we had plans for brunch. I asked a second time and was assured that no other double room available. After speaking to a manager we were put in a double room immediately. We like to support the smaller hotels, however, at 6:30 pm a room not being ready is unacceptable. The rooms are small, and being on the first floor, lots of noise. This hotel had a good rating on Trip Advisor, maybe we just had an unusually bad experience. Price was reasonable but not likely to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 3Turleys
Dear 3Turleys,

We appreciate your business and thank you so much for staying with us. I apologize for the room not being ready and the bed type not being correct for you. We will be sure to follow up with our team to assure we address room availability, as you should be able to get in without an issue. If there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please feel free to contact me at your leisure. We thank you for the feedback to improve our services, we hope to see you again.

Andrea Murray
310.750.0302
UK
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here overnight after flying from London before going to meet friends in Santa Monica. The taxi fare from LAX is approx $19 because or the minimum fare price.

The check in was good and the guy at reception was really helpful. The reception area is very nice also in appearance. However our room which was on the 1st floor I have to say was substandard. The room was dark and dingy, had a weird smell and had a stain on the carpet. It didn't have a safe either. The bed was comfy and the bathroom reasonable.

The location is good as it was a 30 min walk or 5 min cab ride to Manhattan beach. Overall the hotel is nice enough for an overnight stay but for a vacation itself I would not want to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MauritianTraveller
Dear Mauritian,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, I apologize that it was not all you expected and that the room was not up to standards. We will be sure to spot check the carpet and do a better job of this moving forward. Due to feedback from guests, we did recently install safes into the rooms which are located in the closet. Glad to hear the team was receptive and helpful to you during check in. We thank you for your honest feedback and we take it as an opportunity for us to build and improve our hotel. We thank you for your recent stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back again, feel free to contact me if I can be of service to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
#5 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!