“What a lovely surprise”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Tiburon, CA
“What a lovely surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Wonderful hotel.....room is lovely, and clean; restaurant had good food and drinks; staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is close to "The Strand," the beachside shopping street adjacent to the beach. I was delighted, not knowing what to expect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear BinkySez,

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with Hotel Belamar. We are so happy to hear that we surprised you by being close to the strand that you were able to enjoy our restaurant Second Story. We are glad you found the rooms to be to your liking. We look forward to seeing you again, if your plans bring you back to Manhattan beach, please feel free to contact me if I can be of service in any way.

Many thanks,
Andrea Murray
310.750.0302

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Frought with anxiety that our 20 year high school reunion may have to be cancelled 6 weeks from the event, our committee was calling all around the south bay to find a venue that could accomodate our size group and the budget that we had previously set on our prior, now lost, venue. Shannel Crane, Belamar caterer, to the rescue!!!!

Our experience with the Belamar catering staff was excellent from start to finish. The caterer was willing to work with us and our limitations to ensure that our classmates would have a night they wouldn't forget. And that they did! The majority of the attendees didn't want the night to end, which at any party, you know is a sign of a great time being had!

The Hors d'oeuvres were excellent (mini sliders, brie and carmelized pear empanadas- yum), and the staff was so accomodating and personable. There was a minor misunderstanding between the bartenders and what was contracted at the beginning of the event, however, once it was brought to their attention, the staff was quick to not only remedy the misunderstanding, but were generous in ensuring that we were pleased with the outcome.

Mary Ledesma and Jessica Dell within Group Sales were also so accomodating in working with us on obtaining a group rate on hotel stays for our group, even within a very short notice of the event itself. For those of us who stayed- thank you for taking care of us!

Overall- I would definitely recommend this hotel for a group event again- I can't say enough how easy and nice it has been working with such professional and sincerely genuine people.

Thank you so much to Shannel, Mary, Jessica and all of the Belamar staff for making our 20 year reunion a night to remember, and one for the next reunion to TRY and outdo :) - It has been a great pleasure!

1 Thank ReunionCommittee94
Dear Reunion Committee,

Thank you so much for hosting your recent event with us, it was truly a pleasure to host your Reunion here at the Belamar. We are so glad we can come to the rescue, I appreciate your kind words about our Catering and Banquets team. Thank you for recognizing our Sales team and our Catering and F&B team for making it a great event. We look forward to hosting your next event!

Many thanks,
Andrea Murray
310.750.0302
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had our wedding here back in May. It was the perfect place! So close to the beach, stores, and the airport! Our guests loved it! It's not a big hotel but it's up there when it comes to quality and service. The staff were so welcoming and inviting. Such great people and patient too! Loved working with their Catering Manager, Shannel! She is amazing! She made sure we had our dream wedding. She was so easy to work with when it came to our menu and our ideas. Being on a tight budget and all they found ways to make it work! I couldn't think of a better venue for my and my hubby's happy ever after. The pool was a great place to relax in if you weren't up for the beach, and their buffet breakfast is a little pricey but I completely understand why when some items were made to order outside of the buffet layout. The food was amazing! Everyone from their valet staff, to the front desk, restaurant, and maintenance were so friendly and professional, you were always greeted with a smile no matter how early or late it was in the day. We plan to stay here again when we're in town!

• Stayed May 2014
Westlake Village, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a night here for a quick weekend vacation. We live in the area and didn't want to spent all out time driving. The hotel was nice and clean. The second floor restaurant was delicious and had 1/2 price bottles of wine on Saturday night. What a great deal. There were some noisy neighbors that woke us up at 3am, but I can't blame the hotel for that. They compensated us for our inconvenience. We would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren L
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for 5nts, was allowed to checkin really early which was fantastic after a 14hr flight with a sick child.
We found the rooms to be super clean & the beds very comfortable, small though, our room was renovated & facing the courtyard near the main road however we heard no traffic whatsoever.
The pool area & courtyard is a really nice area to relax in.
I would recommend staying here, however the Belamar is no where near the beach, which I was aware of, I personally wouldn't stay at Manhattan Beach again though.
Oh & also make sure you ask for a courtyard facing room, as I saw the rooms on the otherside have a carpark view!

Room Tip: I would reserve a larger room & make sure you overlook the courtyard & not the carparking wh...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Andrea M, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Bidbirdvegas,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Hotel Belamar. We are glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness and were able to check in early with us. It is true that we are not on the beach, the beach is about a 20 min walk on the path in front of the hotel, or a 5 minute drive and we do also have the bike rentals available so you can take a ride to the beach if you like. Apologies if you thought we are water-facing. We are happy that the courtyard was enjoyable for you. Thank you so much for your recent stay with us, we are very sorry to hear you won't be back to Manhattan beach. If there is anything we can do to get you back to us, please let me know.

Many thanks!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love this secret hotel thats hidden in Manhattan Beach. I really really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are so nice and clean and comfy. The courtyard pool area is to die for. Besides it being on a busy street, you would've never knew it. Not many kids were out at the moment, so it was so relaxing and I needed that. Good location, Good food, Good places to see and shop around as well. But this review is more about how AMAZING the service was at this hotel. From the restaurant / room service staff, to how perfectly clean the housekeeping team handled my room every single day. Front Desk staff was the best to me, from Serena and Camille letting me check in early. Those two ladies were great help. But what took me over the top,the guy Rick or Rickey, he was the greatest. Ive never seen someone deliver service like him. I sat in the lobby for a while and watched him work and this guy was just next level. I asked him about things in the area and places me and my friend can go while we here and he had the perfect answer everytime. We only wanted to goto him when we had questions. So I want to thank the Belamar GM for having such a great staff and i hope you keep these people around because they made me have an experice at a hotel i havent had in a long time. I loved this place. Thank You

1 Thank Jnae M
Dear Jnae M,

Great to hear from you about your stay! We thank you for your very kind words about the staff and team. I am very lucky to have such a great group of people that I get to work with everyday. They are super amazing. We very much appreciate you taking the time to commend them for their efforts and I assure you I will go back and thank each one of them personally for such great comments and service efforts. It's really nice to hear from you on how they were helpful to you. Thank you for our stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

An upscale hotel tucked away within striking distance of Manhattan Beach Pier. Attentive floor staff, and friendly, fantastic cleaning staff. I left a shirt at the pool one evening, realized it the next day, and the staff member who was keeping the pool area sparkling retrieved it for me from where they'd set it aside down in housekeeping this night before, while I floated in the tiled pool (which is inside a glass-enclosed area, but open to the sky! watch the clouds float by), and cranked up the jets in the hot tub (well appreciated after the Manhattan Beach 6 man volleyball tournament the day before).

Squeaky clean, nicely appointed, comfortable rooms, with a good bathroom setup.

Small, usable hotel gym. No limit on the number of devices connected to the WiFi. Good food in the 2nd floor restaurant, with a knowledgable bartender and a good happy hour selection (weekdays afternoons until 7pm). Nicely landscaped central quad outside the pool, of which I had a view from the balcony of my 3rd floor room, leaning against its gorgeous wrought iron railing.

Valet parking (only), $10. Street parking for hotel guests disallowed around the hotel.

Room Tip: My 3rd floor room had a balcony with a wrought iron railing overlooking the nicely landscaped centra...
1 Thank Daniel R
Dear Daniel R.,

I want you stay floating in the clouds! Thank you for your recent hotel stay with the Belamar. We appreciate your kind words about us and thank you for your business. We are glad it was an enjoyable experience for you. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the LA area. Thank you very much for your review of the Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
#4 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!