“One week solo trip to California”
Review of Crimson Hotel

Crimson Hotel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Vantaa, Finland
“One week solo trip to California”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

First night I arrived to the hotel, I found reception closed and doorbell wasn't working. I had to knock on the door 3 times until this sleepy guy came to open the door. He placed me on room 215 on second floor and ice machine was quite far away. Room itself was really comfortable, comfortable king-size bed, clean carpets, good walls, no stink, nothing really to complain. Heater was really neat and working, without it would've been really uncomfortably chilly. Safe was working and really useful. Alleys outside of the rooms were bit worn out, but wasn't really bothering me.

Breakfast was as continental and tiny as it can be in 2** hotel. Some (kinda dry) bread, croissants, coffee, tea, fruits, juices.. was so much better than nothing. During my week-long stay, there was 3 women I got to know in the reception, all they were really helpful, friendly and asking how was my day. It's their job.

Location of this hotel is decent, only about 5-10 minutes to the hotel and only one mile to the beach. Target is just couple blocks north from the hotel. In the evening hours, it took me only 1 hour from Downtown by bus, metro and taxi to the hotel. If you have car, the location is really good, even to the Santa Monica and Beverly Hills area.

Overally, I had really good stay in Crimson Hotel and if you want a reasonably decent hotel, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: 215 for one was good. Location was quiet, far from the street and from the noisy ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 3GM65D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
chicopee
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great for a one night stay. The shuttle wasn't running yet when we arrived so we took a taxi and were reimbursed by the hotel on arrival. In our room the tv wasn't working so we were upgraded to a better room. Jennifer at the front desk was very helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Cassandra M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I had a friend booked here. he had to leave the same night. The room smelled terrible, there were blood stains on the floor, stains on the bedding, bed bugs in the sheets. They offered him a different room and it was the same! Also, when i booked him, their reservation system wasn't working and I had to go through the hassle of calling hotels.com to have them deal with it. A godawful place I would expect in bangladesh, not Manhattan Beach, CA!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank margot_fermani

Travellers are raving about these Manhattan Beach hotels

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This ho/motel is a complete dump and needs to be SHUT DOWN immediately!!! dirty carpets, stink, sheets with blood stain, old furnitures were what we got as our welcoming...The moment I stepped inside room #210 I started sneezing non-stop and I asked to be moved to another room across the hall which was no better since there was a leaking "jaccuzi" faucet making noise all night, over used towels. Since I was in town for 3 nights, I had to book another hotel right away. I spent the night but the next day I checked out first thing in the morning. Breakfast is a scam because everything were so old and looked like they were picked up from the flea market. Reception had no knowledge about place being in such poor conditions. Though she apologized, I could not see myself standing in the 150 sqf lobby for not even one extra minute. Please do not waster your money and time to book this dump; you will be as disappointed as I am if you are used to staying to decent hotels.

regretfully yours,
Chris from Miami, Florida

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The first room we were given was an absolute dump. The safe didn't work, the fridge didn't work and there was a massive iceberg in it, sink didn't drain, bathroom door didn't close and it was a queen bed and I had paid for a king. We told Reception that we wanted to move in the morning and we were given a much better room with a king bed and everything in working order. The pool area was a bit odd and there was only about a foot of space around the pool so you had to chase the sun around all day, The sauna and spa didn't work. The area is good with a fantastic Sports Bar and Gill (Grunion's) just down the road and a Jack in the Box across the road and a Target a few minutes walk away. 20 minute walk to the beach and only 3 miles to LAX. I probably would stay again just for the location.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 123 it is horrible. Room 225 has a spa in the room and pool facing rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was our second time at this Manhattan Beach hotel. And there's a reason to why we went back. Partly because we like the area and partly because we think the Crimson is worth the money. And we were not disappointed this time, either. It's a low budget hotel and don't expect more than that. You get what you pay for. The only thing I am missing is a decent breakfast. The continental breakfast offered at no extra charge is not worth going up the stairs for. We went across the street to Jack in the Box instead. Crimson is only a short 10 minute walk from the nice pier and its surroundings on land. Enjoy Manhattan Beach before it gets spoiled.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The email from the hotel told me their free shuttle ran til 9pm. When I arrived at LAX and called them I was told no, it stopped at 8pm. Just added $25 to my bill for a cab. Apart from that, everything else was fine. The whole place is a bit worn but the staff were friendly, the room was big and clean. Shower was good. My room had a big hot tub bath in the middle of it! Ask for room 225!

The rooms are arranged around an open courtyard filled by the swimming pool. Breakfast was pastries, coffee, juice and cereals. The beach is an easy 30 minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for upstairs at the back for quietness but 225v is big and has the tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business