“Pay more for better!!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Las vegas
“Pay more for better!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I always read reviews before I stay somewhere. I was somewhat iffy about Crimson Hotel after reading their horrible reviews. I figured id give them a chance because the price was great. Boy did I wish I would if listened to everyone. Let's just say you definitely get what you pay for... The rooms are disgusting. Our room keys didn't work. When we asked for eyes towels we got an annoyed look from a maid. When she returned the towels were stained with what looked like blood. Moral of the story, spend an extra $10, $20 to get a decent room.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Cdreveles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Other than location, there isn't much good to say about this place. The rooms are in need of major refurbushment to correct any number of issues, Housekeeping is inconsistent. Example, you check-in at 6pm and there are no towels because they are washing them. At 6pm? It just isn't worth the money.

Room Tip: If you do decide to go, try for the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Manhattan Beach hotels

Austin, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Unfortunately this place is in major need of room refurbishings and other operation improvements. Unless you like peeling wall paper, stains, fixtues that are not bolted in well, windows that don't lock and more are issues. Like not having towels when you check-in at 6pm because they just now washing them. IN short, even though the rates are "affordable" the trade-offs AREN'T worth it.

Room Tip: Try for the 2nd floor if you really decide to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 8 February 2014

First night I arrived to the hotel, I found reception closed and doorbell wasn't working. I had to knock on the door 3 times until this sleepy guy came to open the door. He placed me on room 215 on second floor and ice machine was quite far away. Room itself was really comfortable, comfortable king-size bed, clean carpets, good walls, no stink, nothing really to complain. Heater was really neat and working, without it would've been really uncomfortably chilly. Safe was working and really useful. Alleys outside of the rooms were bit worn out, but wasn't really bothering me.

Breakfast was as continental and tiny as it can be in 2** hotel. Some (kinda dry) bread, croissants, coffee, tea, fruits, juices.. was so much better than nothing. During my week-long stay, there was 3 women I got to know in the reception, all they were really helpful, friendly and asking how was my day. It's their job.

Location of this hotel is decent, only about 5-10 minutes to the hotel and only one mile to the beach. Target is just couple blocks north from the hotel. In the evening hours, it took me only 1 hour from Downtown by bus, metro and taxi to the hotel. If you have car, the location is really good, even to the Santa Monica and Beverly Hills area.

Overally, I had really good stay in Crimson Hotel and if you want a reasonably decent hotel, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: 215 for one was good. Location was quiet, far from the street and from the noisy ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 3GM65D
chicopee
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great for a one night stay. The shuttle wasn't running yet when we arrived so we took a taxi and were reimbursed by the hotel on arrival. In our room the tv wasn't working so we were upgraded to a better room. Jennifer at the front desk was very helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Cassandra M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I had a friend booked here. he had to leave the same night. The room smelled terrible, there were blood stains on the floor, stains on the bedding, bed bugs in the sheets. They offered him a different room and it was the same! Also, when i booked him, their reservation system wasn't working and I had to go through the hassle of calling hotels.com to have them deal with it. A godawful place I would expect in bangladesh, not Manhattan Beach, CA!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank margot_fermani
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This ho/motel is a complete dump and needs to be SHUT DOWN immediately!!! dirty carpets, stink, sheets with blood stain, old furnitures were what we got as our welcoming...The moment I stepped inside room #210 I started sneezing non-stop and I asked to be moved to another room across the hall which was no better since there was a leaking "jaccuzi" faucet making noise all night, over used towels. Since I was in town for 3 nights, I had to book another hotel right away. I spent the night but the next day I checked out first thing in the morning. Breakfast is a scam because everything were so old and looked like they were picked up from the flea market. Reception had no knowledge about place being in such poor conditions. Though she apologized, I could not see myself standing in the 150 sqf lobby for not even one extra minute. Please do not waster your money and time to book this dump; you will be as disappointed as I am if you are used to staying to decent hotels.

regretfully yours,