Crimson Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
View Hotel
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)
  • Pool
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
  • Restaurant
Seaside Motel(Redondo Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanpool area looksdecent choicewould stay againneeded a place to staypleasant walkgood sizeenjoyed our staylong beachstayed one nightlax airportlos angelespiersepulveda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Having been assigned a room with a very noisy bathroom fan, I was given keys to two other rooms to decide which was less noisy and without obvious problems. Having decided on one of these, I moved all my bags to the new room. Much to my surprise I awoke to find the the bathroom sink area was crawling with ants along the sink and up the walls.

The breakfast consisted of watery waffle mix to be made on a dirty maker, stale bagels and over ripe fruit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ChicagoGerard
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one day and night and because I rely on Trip Advisor to help me make my hotel choice I thought this would be good. First, I must say the people that work at the hotel are very nice and helpful. Our room had a king size bed that was nice. The location was a nice walk (17 min.) to Manhattan Beach.
The carpet and furniture were very old and dirty. There were black ants everywhere in our room. The safe did not work properly and we were afraid to use it for fear of having our things stuck inside (this actually happened before). There was very little air circulation in the room and it faced the pool, so it was either air or noise. The free breakfast was hardly worth not spending the extra money for a clean room. Maybe if they offered oatmeal packets or a wheat bread choice.....

1  Thank mshtown
Reviewed 13 April 2010

The only 2 things great about this place is the location and its an inexpensive room to get if you are there only for 1 night and just need a place to store your belongings and sleep and move on.

The room was $97 total. and I look at my statement and it shows $97 charge for room and $50 extra fee. I call the hotel back and they are like oh well it looks like you had a pet in the room. These people are crooks and this isnt the last they are going to hear from me. Be warned people this place is not as it seems.

Twitter/Quickinvestment feel free to contact me travelers

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
suurge2000, Manager at Crimson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2010

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are sorry for the problem you encountered. We were, however, able to verify that there was a pet in the room during your stay at our establishment therefore we had to charge a pet cleaning fee as our hotel does not accept pets. Whenever there is a pet, we must have to room professionally cleaned and santitized to remove any evidence of the pet being there. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 April 2010

We just needed a place to stay in Manhattan Beach. This was an affordable place. It is on a busy street - about 2 blocks from the mall. There are a lot of places to eat and a lot of entertainment.

The hotel is very dated. You park in an underground garage and then go upstairs to check in. We actually missed the office in the beginning. The attendant wasn't the friendliest but he wasn't rude either. Their was a sign at the front desk detailing the charges of all the stuff in the room -- if anything is missing when the assigned maid went through your room the hotel would charge applicable rates to your credit card. That was a bit unfriendly to me.

The rooms all face a pool. The hotel is 3 stories and luckily we were on the top level. I'm not sure I would like to be in level 2 because it seemed to be a bit constrained between the pool railing and the sidewalk above. The rooms were large, very sparsely furnished, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable and it was quiet.

1  Thank Janine K
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Stayed here with family. Location was perfect as we were sightseeing in different areas and it was easy to get around. The staff at the hotel was friendly, and the rooms were very clean. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenagers, so we had a 2 bedroom/2 bath room. 4 beds total, and it was perfect for us!!

The continental breakfast included waffles, cereal, and danish. It was enough to hold us over until lunchtime.

I would stay at this hotel again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family