“Solid all around hotel, close to LAX” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Marietta, Georgia
“Solid all around hotel, close to LAX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a standard full service Marriott, with a nice lobby and bar, overlooking their 9-hole golf course. It's about 2 miles to the beach, unfortunately not an inviting 2 miles, but it's a very short drive. Also only about 10 minutes from LAX, so a nice hotel when flying out in the morning without having to stay at the airport hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
I'm glad that you had a great stay with us. Many of our guests do not realize how convenient we are to the airport, as well as many of the finest attractions that Los Angeles has to offer. I'm very happy that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities, and I hope we can host you again on your next business trip to the area. - Jeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Korean first
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel and absolutely loved our stay. The hotel is in a perfect location minutes away from Manhattan, Venice, Redondo and more. The hotel had excellent curb appeal, great decor inside, and most importantly fair prices. The service was also exceptional. We ate at there lounge and JAIRO was phenomenal. Best server we have had in a long time. Personal, professional, and excellent at what he does. He mixed us up fantastic drinks and brought us our food in a timely manner. He is a hard worker and makes your stay memorable. Highly recommend this hotel to any! And request Jairo if you dine at the Escape!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. I'm so happy that Jairo made your stay with us a particularly great one, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to him. Likewise, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and beautiful property. I hope we can welcome you back soon. - Jeff
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I recently spent two nights at this property while traveling for business. It has excellent curb appeal and very nice decor in the lobby and public areas. My room was clean and comfy. Not fancy, but pretty nice. And of course, it had that super comfy, trademark Marriott bed!

So here's where my experience became memorable. After ordering breakfast, I received a phone call from a friendly gentleman by the name of Charlie Gold. Charlie called to make sure that I enjoyed my breakfast and we had a nice conversation. It's the little things. Although I have occasionally received a similar call at other properties, I thought that it was impressive that the executive chef took the time to phone me.

After a long day of meetings, I returned to my room to find a bottle of Zinfandel and some chocolate treats along with a handwritten note from Charlie. Now I call that outstanding customer service!

I assure you that the next time I am in L.A, I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course, not the roof:)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
We are proud to have a staff that go above and beyond their job duties to make sure our guests are having a wonderful stay with us, so I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great experience. Of course, a comfortable night's sleep is the most important and I'm glad that you experienced this as well. I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Charlie, and we can't wait to have you back on your next trip to Los Angeles. - Jeff
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Spacious room, great lobby and gym but it was just not for me. There was nothing outstanding it was just like a holiday inn by the highways for me. It was way too expensive for what they offered. i will definitely choose another place for the next trip.

Room Tip: Try to get the balcony rooms at least you will enjoy the beautiful view with a cup of coffee.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
I'm surprised to hear that you did not find anything unique about our hotel, considering that we have our own golf course and I don't know many Holiday Inns by the highway that could say the same. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you had a nice time in Los Angeles. - Jeff
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

From check-in to check-out, our 5 night experience was the best ever at any Marriott we've stayed at due in large part to the staff. Hampton Clarke checked us in and was the most accommodating clerk we've ever had - when he learned it was an anniversary vacation, he not only upgraded our room by offering us a jr. suite but gave us use of the concierge lounge. Reina in the concierge lounge greeted us every morning and was most attentive to everyone having breakfast there. Carlos, Cory and Arely at the front door were extremely friendly and helpful. We opted for a golf course view balcony room rather than the jr suite as we were out every day sightseeing and not spending much time in the room. It was spacious and immaculate and we were very happy to return to it every evening. We would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course balcony room on 5th or above floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary! We are honored to have hosted you for the best Marriott experience that you have ever had. I'm so happy to hear that our staff made such a wonderful impression on you, and I will certainly pass your compliments on to everyone. We pride ourselves with our dedicated staff and resort-style amenities, so I'm very pleased that you appreciated this during your stay. I hope we can serve you again on a future vacation to Los Angeles. - Jeff
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

The lobby is pretty, the golf course right connected to the hotel (or owned by the hotel) is very nice too. the room is a bit dated, but on average for a marriott.

when we checked in, we asked for rooms facing the golf course and most of time we get those type of "upgrade" since we are plat members. the front desk said no problem, only when we got upstairs, the rooms were facing the parking lot...and it was a weekend, hotel was half empty...

and the parking is 20+ dollars with plenty of parking space empty. you can park at the meeter during the day for a lot less, but can not park through the night (some two hours like 3-5am no parking).

overall, an average marriott, not worth the high rate they often charge.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank worldtravelexp
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
I regret that you didn't appreciate your stay with us and apologize for any miscommunication with the front desk.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel is very beautiful from the entrance to the view of the golf course especially on Thursday night. The rooms are very clean and wonderful. I was very pleased with the service. Every time we would go out valet is always nice especially Cory and Arely, which we would see every morning with a smile on their face. Even though we didn't valet they would treat us as if we did every time my husband will pull up with the car. Its nice how the hotel staff greets their guest. They treated us so well I can't wait to go back for another vacation time.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff H, General Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We pride ourselves in having a staff that is dedicated to their work and delighted to welcome all of our guests, and I'm so happy that you were able to experience this. We are one of the few resort-style hotels with convenient access to LAX, the beach, and major freeways that connect to the rest of Los Angeles. I hope you can visit more of this great city on your next visit with our convenient location as your home base. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. - Jeff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
BEST WESTERN PLUS Manhattan Beach Hotel
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Manhattan Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!