“Dissappointed”

Manhattan Beach Marriott
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a gold member and sooooo bummed. Food and service was awesome downstairs, but the room was not great. I couldn't even plug in my phone next to the bed without unplugging something else. Just because you are a level 6 hotel based on location, doesn't mean you shouldn't offer basic Marriott amenities we are used too! I'm discouraged by this place ( and I love, love Marriott's)! There are at least 6 other Marriott's within 5 miles that are better value for the money. Take it from a gold member!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bartete5
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We value your loyalty as a gold member and appreciate your honest feedback on the room amenities. Your comments are a priceless tool in helping us to maintain and improve our guest experience. We strive to make each and every stay an exceptional one, and your review will help direct us toward that goal. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and service at our restaurant. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to reach out to Mike Murphy at mike.murphy@marriott.com, as we would love to get more information from you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Manhattan Beach Marriott

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this location for 2weeks and although the rooms are a bit small for me, our stay here was nice. The hotel host plenty of business individuals and events. Many guests complain about the parking, but we were fine with that seeing that it's a convenient location for my family. Beaches Are 10-15min away. Loved it. Will definitely return

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Manhattan Beach Marriott for your recent stay! It is wonderful to hear that our convenient location near the beach worked out so well for you and your family! We also appreciate your honest feedback on the room size. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I thought this was one of the nicest Marriott properties I ever stayed at. The back half overlooks the golf course, and I had a room on the club floor with a nice balcony that looked onto the course. The pool and spa area is very nice, and they have some firepits in the back courtyard.

We ate at the restaurant one night we got back late and it did the trick. My largest complaint is the cost of parking. I think it is way too expensive for the location. Besides that great place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CLT_Travel-Girl4Lyfe
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are very grateful for your positive feedback on our view of the golf course, pool area, and outdoor space. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience dining in our restaurant! We also appreciate your honest comments on the parking, as we always appreciate feedback from our guests. Thank you for choosing the Manhattan Beach Marriott and we hop to have the pleasure of your return next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am a Marriott rewards member and have to say one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Was able to check in online which was helpful and got keeys at desk. I did request a city view king room, but ended up with view of the roof/golf course. Was not happy about it but was not int he room too much to notice. Will defintiely stay again. Was disappointed they claim no double beds. One of my reservations was a guaranteed double bed but the room ended up as a king size. I feel being a Silver Elite member would get a benefit from those who are staying because the hotel they chose due to an event and are not regular Marriott travelers.

Room Tip: Verify with hotel of guarantee of specific room or bedding type, was disappointed not correct.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dbarnett0069

Thank you for your Marriott loyalty! We are thrilled to hear that the Manhattan Beach Marriott was one of the best hotels you have stayed in. We apologize that we were not able to accommodate the view you requested. We value our rewards members and always strive to provide an exceptional stay to our guests. We appreciate your review and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Mohamed at the front desk was one of the best front desk agents I've ever met! Gave us a upgrade and treated me and my family like VIPs! I will return to this property because of his service! Keep up the great work and great staff!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback on your experience with our front desk agent, as we take great pride in our guest services! We look forward to sharing your feedback with our team. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the pleasure of your return one day soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. Lovely view to golf court from pool. Great music by the pool. Love this place it's close to shopping mall and good restaurant. Room are ok.
I'm giving 5 stars to this place !!!!!!!
Me and my family we will always come back!

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We could not be more pleased to hear about your positive experience at the Manhattan Beach Marriott, from our view to convenient location. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next trip!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights in January and were satisfied with our stay. This isn't my type of hotel, I'm more a Courtyard / Hampton Inn type, where I feel like I get a better value for my dollar. This hotel has luxury threadcounts and a golf course view on one side (our room had the "city view", which is an industrial park). It's hard not to feel nickel-and-dimed, they charge a fortune for parking, in-room wi-fi, breakfast... but this particular stay was a gift from my in-laws, so I can't complain, it was their nickels and dimes.

Speaking of the buffet breakfast however, it really was VERY good! And I love that the check-out here is noon instead of 11am, it allowed us to sleep in a bit and not rush through breakfast to get back and clear out of the room. The room itself was quiet, spacious, clean, and perfectly dark in the morning thanks to quality black-out drapes.

One complaint is that the hotel is very large, and built wide rather than tall, so if you're in the last room on either end (which we were), you're walking a mile to/from the elevator every time. Makes you rethink that jog down to the lobby for free wi-fi.

Overall this is a nice property if this type of hotel is what you're used to, or if you're on the company dime.

Room Tip: Request golf course view and something not too far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike M, Manager at Manhattan Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your most recent stay. I was very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and enjoyed our famous breakfast buffet I hope you were able to dine on the patio and enjoy the beautiful SoCal Weather.
We strive to improve everyday and your comments and feedback will assist us in this quest.Thanks for mentioning the noontime checkout that extra hour really makes a difference for our guests.
All the best.

#2 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Manhattan Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!