Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$208
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$154
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$215
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
US$111
US$108
Travelocity
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$318
  • Restaurant
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
US$124
US$120
Travelocity
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$472
US$445
  • Breakfast included
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$223
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtcar dealershipmon wedliving roomfree breakfastthe penthouseevening receptionfire pityogurtbusy streetsepulveda blvdthe breakfast areala areapool and hot tubshort drivesanta monica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My daughter, her friend, and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan Beach last weekend and had a wonderful time. Although the facilities are under some construction right now, it did not in any way detract from our experience. I selected this hotel based on both the amenities (having stayed at Residence Inn hotels previously) and location. My daughter had a concert at the Staples Center on Friday night (about 20 minutes away), and I had a beach volleyball tournament on Saturday at Manhattan Beach (about 1 mile away).

Everyone we encountered on staff was extremely friendly throughout our stay. The room looked to be newly renovated and was very fashionably appointed. The bed and bedding were very comfortable (believe me, much needed and welcomed after the tourney). I appreciated that the hotel offered a shuttle to the beach since the pool was under construction which was great for my daughter and her friend! The breakfast offering was very good (for hotel breakfast), and had many healthful options.

I suppose the only detractor was that it was a little difficult navigating out of the parking lot (very busy road and right turn only to exit), but it didn't really bother me and the front desk gave me a short-cut how to best double-back to get where I needed to go.

All in all, I couldn't have been happier with our accommodations and I really look forward to coming back. It was a great value and suited our needs perfectly!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear AlyssaD760,

On behalf of the entire team here at Residence Inn Manhattan Beach, I extend to you a sincere and genuine thank you. Our team takes great pride in providing service that gets noticed and we are truly glad that you took notice!

I am glad you, your daughter and her friend were able to take advantage of the services provided. As you mentioned, our property is under a bit of construction to build a brand new gatehouse (front desk, pool area, etc.) and is near completion; just a few weeks to go!

Thank you for noticing our recently renovated rooms; they were just completed in June of last year. I am delighted to learn you found our best truly comfortable; how did the tournament go? I hope you won!

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to our property, so pelase do not hesitate to contact us when looking for accomodations for your next trip, we always enjoy welcoming back old friends.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I can't say enough great things about the staff and the property. Lots of choices for breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, awesome staff all the way around. I look forward to my next trip to Manhattan beach and highly recommend considering this hotel for the business traveler, perfect long term stay option!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Beth A.

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your most recent visit! We truly appreciate your kind words, it's what we strive for! We can't thank you enough!!! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, our gatehouse is in it's final stages of being complete, so hopefully you will be able to come and enjoy it sooner than later.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was like staying in a townhouse community. Individual groups of two story buildings -- our section had the hot tub and we did not hear the people using it. We had the two bedroom loft. Newly decorated, nice kitchen, living room had a fireplace, but don't know if they supplied wood for it. Breakfast was better than most -- two waffle makers, yogurt, fruit, cereal, breads, eggs with changing sides. They even have a nice evening snack. Lasagna the night we arrived, next night hot dogs. Complementary beer and wine. The construction did not bother us at all -- couldn't use the pool, but it was too cold anyway. Only complaint -- my adult son was in the loft but there were no doors or walls so he had no privacy and said he could hear us even with our door closed.

Room Tip: no elevators so if that's an issue stay downstairs
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear WWwalker,

Thank you so much for sharing your most recent experience with us on TA. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our penthouse suites are very popular, I'm certain you can see why! I'm glad you noticed our breakfast display, many of our valued guests like yourself, rave about it as well. If your travels bring you back to the area, please stop by and see us again! We would love for you to see our gatehouse, which is in it's final stages of being complete.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have no complaints at all about this hotel, they had some construction going on during our stay, but it did not affect us one bit. The room we beautiful and so clean and the added security in the evening was a big plus. The front desk staff was helpful and kind. I would definitely stay here again even the price couldn't be beat, and most important, it felt like home.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves in offering a home-away-from-home feel and we are so thrilled to hear you experienced that! You’ll be pleased to know the renovation is on its last leg and we should be complete by the first part of May 2013. After the completion of the rooms renovation last summer, we are excited the current work on our Gatehouse are (breakfast, front and back office, fitness center, and laundry) will be equally impressive. On behalf of all of our charming staff, we thank you and look forward to your return!

Yours in hospitality
Kimberly Reyes
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 26 January 2013

This hotel is old and not in a very good area, however, the rooms were very spacious. I could see how people might like this with the kitchenette and large living room, but we were not there to stay for a while, only 2 days. We had to leave our trip early due to a friend getting sick, and even though we purchased cancellation insurance it still took FOREVER with back and forth between the staff and website purchased through to finally get our credit back. We had an issue with the water not getting hot and that took over an hour to fix - when they should have just switched us rooms. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

First, please allow me to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. We value all comments whether positive or negative as it helps us to improve. I’m sorry your stay was cut short and hope that your friend has recovered and is well. In addition to that, having to deal with the delayed process of a credit must have been frustrating. With 3rd party reservations, the procedures for changes differ and unfortunately, can be out of our controls. I apologize that we were not able to assist you in a prompt and efficient manner.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. All the service challenges are certainly fixable, so your comments are certainly appreciated. I hope you can return so as to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and to experience our fully renovated hotel, which we have scheduled by the first week of May 2013. You are welcome to contact me directly so I can personally attend to your reservation.

Yours in hospitality