Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$187
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$154
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
US$111
Hotels.com
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$215
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
US$124
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$318
  • Restaurant
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotels.com
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
US$472
US$445
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
US$223
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtcar dealershipmon wedliving roomfree breakfastthe penthouseevening receptionfire pityogurtbusy streetsepulveda blvdthe breakfast areala areapool and hot tubshort drivesanta monica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Why? Close to airport and Marina Del Rey and not very far from Santa Monica northbound, to Rosecrans shopping area eastbound, to Del Amo shopping area southbound
Target store 2 mns southbound and Ralph supermarket 2 mns northbound on Sepulveda
Check-in: fast, easy and courteous as usual
Accomodation (4 appartments per unit) : very cosy and comfortable, nicely decorated, well equipped, very clean, large screen tv, free wi-fi internet
Breakfast : full american buffet included, large seating area
Social hour : every evening, complimentary
Shall we go back? definitely

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maramanocent
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Maramanocent:

Thank you for your incredible review about our hotel! We are fortunate to be close to many amenities including the beach. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you do
return to visit us again!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our family of 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 1 night after our over night flight from Australia and prior to driving up the California coastline. The room was a loft suite - 2 queen beds and a sofa bed - the queen beds were comfortable, though number 2 son (13 yo) said the sofa bed wasn't (it could have done with a thicker mattress). The location is handy to LAX (about 15 mins drive south), and has a Target store located next door, which was great for stocking up for the road trip. The room was clean and the bathrooms were well appointed. Our only gripe - no kettle for those of us that are tea drinkers (there is a coffee machine in the room that will boil the water, or you can try the saucepan on the stove).
Whilst it suited us fine with our two teenage sons (17 & 13), I wouldn't recommend staying here if you have younger children - the stairs up to the loft bedroom and bathroom are quite steep and there are about 12 of them - so a long way to tumble down if your younger children aren't so agile.
Manhattan Beach itself is about 5 mins drive away. It is a much nicer alternative for lunch and a view of the Californian coastline than Venice Beach up the road - which may be "hipper", but is certainly more "grungey" (I didn't like it and I didn't feel entirely safe at Venice Beach!)
Our room itself overlooked the service department for the local Toyota dealership - not a great first view of LA - but we didn't have much time to take in the view anyway. The Residence Inn staff were helpful - though, a common theme amongst a number of the Residence Inns that we have visited in our USA trip has evidenced that none of the staff are particularly friendly.
A hot buffett breakfast is complimentary with your stay - which helps when you're ready to get underway on a road trip the next morning.
I'd stay here again for an overnight stay whilst transiting through LAX or starting on another USA holiday - but probably not for an extended period of time.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite that is near your car and on the ground level - that way, you won't have to drag your bags up a flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DJR68
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit on the 2nd floor. It was very clean and comfortable. The location was great, not to far from the beach and close to our relatives homes. The breakfast and the evening meals were a really nice perk. They even had beer and wine for free in the evening. The pool and front desk area was under construction when we were there but it never caused any problems. The pool opened the morning we left and it looked very nice. This was a perfect room for 2 couples. We would stay again!

Room Tip: A room towards the back of the property would be the best so that you don't hear the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hello beech3242!

Thank you for your wonderful review! Our renovation is now comlpete and we are very excited to share our new facility with our guests. We will of course continue our complimentary breakfast and social hour in the evenings. We hope that since you have family close by, that you will come visit us again!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We have been to 35 countries and tons of hotels. This was our favorite place ever due to the staff. We stayed at the Manhattan Beach Residence Inn from January to June while we were there on assignment. The staff was fantastic from the General Manager to the people who cleaned your room. Everyone had a smile on their face. We made many great friends there. We were sorry we had to leave!

Room Tip: The penthouse suites are great for a long term stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Richard,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We truly enjoyed the time that you were here! We do view our hotel as your HOME AWAY FROM HOME and want our guests to feel the same. Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you both again this fall!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My company put me up in this room because of its convenient location and its proximity to LAX and my office.

The room is pretty spacious (sofa, chairs, bed, and a full kitchen). The TV is nice and big, although mine didn't seem to work too well the first couple of days. It would lose connection intermittently and I only had a handful of channels. But by the third day, it seemed to had sort itself out. Internet access also suffered intermittent connectivity issues. I would have it one day, and not the next...VERY annoying considering I am here on business and need the internet to do some of my work.

Parking is a joke. I would have to hurry in before the evening rush, otherwise I wouldn't have anywhere to park. Some of the guests didn't seem to know how to park their cars, because often times they would be double parked, which caused everyone else to have to double park to get into their space. Consequently, the cars would be squeezed in so close together that you would barely have any room to open the doors. One night, I had to park in the red zone, but luckily, security didn't seem to care or mind.

Additional annoyances included (but limited to) : the wall switchers being pretty awkward to operate. The maid always left the air conditioner on its coldest setting despite it being only 75-80 degrees outside and inside, which made the room freezing cold every time I returned.

All of the issues I have written so far are what I consider relatively "minor" annoyances but still bearable compared to REAL annoyances, or rather issues that this hotel's management REALLY needs to address. Here's where it got unbearable.

My room was on the ground level. When I first checked into the room, it wasn't too bad, It reasonably quiet despite some noise from the surrounding units from people checking in. It was when my upstairs neighbor moved in, when all hell broke loose. I kid you not when I say that it sounded like a stampede of elephants. I also had the misfortune of have the most restless person on the planet living above me. For at LEAST 3 hours a day, he would walk back and forth across his room...I KNOW, because I can hear him very clearly. I think they also had kids as well because I could him jumping up and down and off furniture. The floors/ceilings are so poorly sound proofed, and would squeak and creek when someone walked around upstairs. The stairs going up to the second floor was also very close to my front door, so when someone went upstairs, it was pretty noisy.

In addition to my upstairs neighbors, I can hear EVERYTHING my next door neighbors where up to too. They seemed to be a very intimate couple, because they were at it every night. I could also hear them when they ran the shower, ran the water in the bathroom, USE (yes I said USE) and flush the toilet, sit on the bed, get up from the bed, when their alarm clock goes off...you name it I could hear it, as clearly as if it were happening in MY room. I was thoroughly annoyed by every bit of it.

But here's the straw that broke this camel's back, and it's a duesy!! Last night at around 3AM, I was rudely awakened by someone knocking on my sliding class door. This soon turned into pounding, and it got louder and louder as if the person was trying to kick it in. Then it moved to the front window; more loud pounding as if someone was trying to break in. Then it moved to the front door. Luckily I had dead bolted the door, because whoever it was, was VERY serious about trying to get it. He pounded, battered, kicked the door and shook the door handle. Naturally I was terrified, so terrified i couldn't bring myself to look to try to see who it was. I was about to call 9-1-1, but decided to call the front desk instead. I looked at the phone and noticed that the extension number for the front desk or security was written NOWHERE on or near the phone.

I eventually called the the external number and reported the incident to the front desk which was relayed to the security guard on duty. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife and peaked outside. No one was there (or at least visible). I could here some conversations in distance, but could make out what was being said.

After about an hour of waiting, no one had contacted me to tell me what had happened. For all I know, the person who was trying to break into my room an hour earlier could still be out there. However, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep again until I know what happened.

I tucked the steak knife into my back pocket and cautiously opened the front door while ensuring no one was outside. No one was there but I did notice a hotel key card on the ground. I picked it up and took it with me.

I got to the office and explained the situation to the person on duty and he explained that it was another guest who was drunk and had mistaken my room for his...REALLY??? By this point, I had really had it with this place. This place ranks one of the worst places I have stayed in.... EVER!!!...and that is saying a lot because I have stayed in some real dives in the past. I was going to check out five days earlier than scheduled, but I demanded a different room instead. So at this minute, as I write this, I have another 5 days to go. If I don't see any improvements, I will check out and demand a refund for the remaining days.

Verdict: I would avoid this place! I know that I won't be coming back here the next time I make this trip. I am going to recommend to my company, not to ever book our employees here again ever. I would have felt safer and more at peace if I had bought a sleeping bag and slept on the beach instead. so unless you don't mind being in an extremely noisy room where you could here absolutely everything your neighbor does, and being woke up and TERRORIZED in the middle of the morning by a drunk person who can't remember his own room number, then I would not recommend this place to ANYONE.

Room Tip: IF you have no choice bu to stay here DEMAND a second floor unit. If they don't have one, I would take my chances in an airport lobby, because its going to be just as noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank miraiz

Mr. Miraiz,

I truly apologize for the series of unusual events that you experienced during your stay.

We were in the final stages of completing our renovation during this time and I do realize that parking was a challenge at times due to the construction vehicles limiting spaces. This project is now complete.

I am concerned and regret the negative experience that you had with the surrounding guests. We would have been more than happy to relocate your room if we had been aware of such a situation.

We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay and I can assure you that my staff was not ignoring you after you reported an unruly guest. They were in fact assisting the guest to prevent any further disruption.

I am sending you a private message as well to discuss this further.

I do appreciate all of your feedback and will review your comments with our team.