“Close to the Beach, Close to the Airport, Close to Shopping!”

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Los Angeles
“Close to the Beach, Close to the Airport, Close to Shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Residence Inn in Manhattan Beach is a gem. It is close to LAX yet far from the madding crowd and the busyness of Century Blvd. It is also close to the beach, where you can get your fill of seafood. It is also close to massive shopping-the huge Plaza El Segundo, the Manhattan Village Mall, Target, CVS/Walgreens are all just next door. My favorite Cuban restaurant Versailles is a stone's throw away. It is so centrally located on Sepulveda, but once you drive in, it is quiet. The Residence Inn is a series of 2 storey buildings, with plenty of free parking. The upper floors house their famous 2 bedroom loft suites, which has a big living room, separate kitchen with full size appliances, a separate bedroom with bathroom, a set of stairs leading up to the loft which also has a separate bathroom. It is perfect for families and groups, you can host a party for 20-30 people easily or have an organization or business meeting. That is casual and intimate. I hosted a small birthday party and all the guests raved about the room. It was huge, extremely clean and quite. After they left, I slept very soundly on the big and comfortable bed with hard and soft pillows. There was a nice workspace, and internet wifi was free! There are flat screen TVs in each bedroom and the living room. The bathroom has Paul Mitchell toiletries. In the morning, they serve a full breakfast, also free! It was too cold to swim but some brave kids were outside in the pool swimming. The renovated lobby/club room is huge and the front desk were very nice and helpful and also doubled up as a bell person who carried my luggage. Free parking, Free wifi, Free breakfast with a room rates that is a steal considering what you are getting. I love this hotel and would love to keep coming back!

Room Tip: Get a 2 bedroom loft suite!
Green Features: Recycling practices in place! The hotel is very environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RichieSel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Our room smells like a mix of body odor, poop, and extreme carpet deodorizer. I had to open the window to sleep. Also, we had to lug our heavy suitcases up stairs since there are no elevators. This whole place just diets seem kept up or cleaned thoroughly...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mhanlin
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Mhanlin,

I was very disappointed when I read your review from yesterday. I certainly apologize for the substandard stay that you had with us. I did review the issue with housekeeping and they advised me that they did shampoo the carpet in your room the day that you arrived. Perhaps it was not dried appropriately which left a lingering odor. I certainly do not want my guests having a sleepless stay at our hotel and realize that my we should have moved your immediately. I can assure you that we do maintain cleanliness standards, and I'm sorry that we fell short during your stay. I do thank you for your feedback and will contact you separately to discuss this.
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We booked last minute and could even have a look at the suite first.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpfull all the time. The suites are large and clean.
Although right on Hwy. 1 we had a very quite room.
Very good value with free hot breakfast (can get crowded).
Free parking and Wifi also a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smartgirl247
Dear Smartgirl247

Thank you for your wonderful review! I will certainly share your positive comments with the team, especially our wonderful Front Desk Agents. Hopefully we will see you again on a future trip to Manhattan Beach.
Auburn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

While I have come to expect a certain level of comfort when staying at a Residence Inn, I was a this place was quite the surprise ! I was a little concerned when driving in as the property is on a major road and next door to a car dealership - but WOW !

The property is so quiet - I don't know how they do it with all that surrounds the place ! My room seemed to have been recently updated/renovated. Staff was very helpful, breakfast and social hour was continually replenished - and the area for breakfast and social hour is more than spacious.

Any negatives ? On two of the nights that I was there, parking was a challenge.

But overall, a fantastic, fantastic place. This will absolutely be my 'go to hotel' while in the Manhattan Beach/LA area.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a little more quiet. Try to get a building in the back and to the left.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Great location for hotel near LAX airport and beaches. However, Hertz rental car at LAX airport was worst possible experience ever! LAX Hertz employees acted as if we were inconveniencing them by renting a car at their location. Not friendly and obviously not trained on customer service. We are Hertz Gold members and were assigned a vehicle in a parking spot. Incorrect vehicle in spot, so why does Hertz bother assigning a parking spot if the incorrect class of vehicle in assigned spot. Definitely not expedited service for gold members. I witnessed five other people with same problem of incorrect vehicle in assigned parking places. I have not had this issue when I rent from Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Thrifty, etc. I rent vehicles and rental vans at least twice a month and will not recommend or use Hertz in the future.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Used to stay here quite a bit when I was down in LA for work (at least 1 week of the month), and still come back when I'm in the area to visit friends. As others have said, its a nice walk to Manhattan beach, and location is close to major freeways which is a must when doing anything in LA. Setup of the room is typical of other Residence Inns so you're assured of space and decor of the rooms. What sets this apart I think is the staff. All are friendly and very helpful and will go out of their way to help. I typically ask for a room on the 1st floor mainly because I typically travel with my golf clubs and not having to carry it up a short flight of stairs is not a bad thing. Providing free wifi, happy hour, and breakfasts is a great bonus for the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

we are on day 9 of a 12 day visit and everything has been great. Ron that works the breakfast was such a pleasure!. Room was clean, service was great. All the staff was so pleasant and helpful. Construction was completed so that is no longer a problem. Monday, Tuesday and Wed held a social hour with a meal. Overall a wonderful stay. Would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends