“Unexpectedly impressed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Baton Rouge
“Unexpectedly impressed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Service-10, Value-10, room-10. I reserved this place on line not knowing anything about location or hotel. When we arrived the check in service was nice, polite and helpful. We were slightly disappointed by the location of our room (about as far back on property as possible), but as soon as we walked into the room our opinions were swayed. The room was nicely decorated and modern with spacious granite counter tops and nice modern furniture. There was a wood burning fireplace we could have lived without, especially since there was no wood. My family of four was very comfortable sleeping here using the queen bed and sleeper sofa. The breakfast here awesome. You could do worse going to Cracker barrel or any other breakfast chain restaurant. Multiple different breakfast entrees offered every morning with all the usual fair also. Real bacon, eggs, sausage, croissants, multiple waffle toppings, and breakfast croques (egg, ham, cheese on half of an english muffin) were even offered one morning. This offer saved us lots of money during our stay, allowing us to skip lunch. It was obvious that several tenants were long term. I would usually think this may be a bad thing but here it seemed to make me feel safer. Location was OK for airport, great for Manhattan Beach and a good all around place to stay away from hustle and bustle. Stay here!++

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ENRN
Residence_Inn_MB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear ENRN,

We are so pleased that you took the time to write such a wonderful review and that you enjoyed your time at the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach! Our staff here loves to be rated a 10 and I will make sure that I share this review with them.

We want our guests to enjoy every aspect of their stay and I am glad that we achieved this for you.

We certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great hotel! Nice, clean, well-maintained rooms. Conveniently located walking distance from Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Redondo Beach. Free breakfast and wifi were a plus!!! I didn't get to enjoy a BBQ pool-side so I guess I'll have to come back!

Room Tip: Loved having a kitchen to stock up snacks!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Execu-Link C
Hello Execu-Link C

Thank you for writing such a complimentary review of the hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

It is BBQ season!! So, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We felt at home at this residence inn. Having stayed at a nice hotel in Brentwood this gave our family another experience of LA.....We enjoyed the close proximity to Manhatten beach and good value restaurants. Shops also were very nearby and of course Lax. A huge bonus of this hotel is free parking. Most hotels we viewed charge for for this service. We found staff, decor and cleaning all met our expectations. The price was also attractive including breakfast, which had a great range. My only criticism was that disposable foam plates and plastic cutlery were used. No doubt to keep down labour costs for dishwashing? I was highly surprised and disappointed with this practice as this certainly is not sustainable and adds to landfill. Otherwise we are very happy to recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roamers46
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I joined my husband, along with our two children, on his two-week-long business trip to LA. My husband and I were very impressed by the consistently excellent service we received throughout our stay. One of the managers in particular (whom I wished I had gotten the name of so I could give him due credit) was absolutely fantastic. Through the day, he greeted and interacted with each guest in a professional, friendly and gracious manner; from what we saw, he worked hard to get to know and connect with guests. This manager brought a sense of upbeat, positive energy to our stay. Each morning we heard from him: "Good Morning, welcome! Thanks for joining us for breakfast!" It was clear to us that the rest of the staff also offered their best each day. Whether it was at the front desk, cleaning the room, or serving breakfast, the staff was excellent. The Residence Inn is very fortunate to have such a fantastic manager as representative of their hotel. Running this hotel is no small task - there are many staff and guests and hot breakfast is served each day along with food in the evenings from Monday - Wednesday. We felt our business was welcomed and we felt appreciated throughout our stay. The room was clean, very comfortable and the location cannot be beat. From the hotel, you can walk 2 minutes to Target for groceries or 8 minutes to a Mall that has Macy's or drive 5 minutes to be beach-front at Manhattan Beach. Great place! And Kudos again to such amazing staff! We will stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leanne12456
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel for a long term stay. Front desk people are friendly and helpful the cleaning staff made sure everything was made up right. They have a breakfast that a lot of people like but I found it pretty average, maybe a little better than usual but nothing to rave about. I had to skip the breakfast as it did not start until 6:30 and I start work at 6:00.

There is a little dinner buffet but I had to give up on this about half the time due to the crowd. There is a pizza place within walking distance to the right as you are going out that was great. Then in the mall there is Sesame Moe's Mediterranean that was quite good.

The pool area was clean and towels were usually set out. Great for December and January!!

The very busy road Sepulveda Blvd can be a traffic nightmare but then so are most of the streets in LA so nothing new there.

You can walk to manhattan beach in 20 minutes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank flh65_10
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Residence Inn in Manhattan Beach is a gem. It is close to LAX yet far from the madding crowd and the busyness of Century Blvd. It is also close to the beach, where you can get your fill of seafood. It is also close to massive shopping-the huge Plaza El Segundo, the Manhattan Village Mall, Target, CVS/Walgreens are all just next door. My favorite Cuban restaurant Versailles is a stone's throw away. It is so centrally located on Sepulveda, but once you drive in, it is quiet. The Residence Inn is a series of 2 storey buildings, with plenty of free parking. The upper floors house their famous 2 bedroom loft suites, which has a big living room, separate kitchen with full size appliances, a separate bedroom with bathroom, a set of stairs leading up to the loft which also has a separate bathroom. It is perfect for families and groups, you can host a party for 20-30 people easily or have an organization or business meeting. That is casual and intimate. I hosted a small birthday party and all the guests raved about the room. It was huge, extremely clean and quite. After they left, I slept very soundly on the big and comfortable bed with hard and soft pillows. There was a nice workspace, and internet wifi was free! There are flat screen TVs in each bedroom and the living room. The bathroom has Paul Mitchell toiletries. In the morning, they serve a full breakfast, also free! It was too cold to swim but some brave kids were outside in the pool swimming. The renovated lobby/club room is huge and the front desk were very nice and helpful and also doubled up as a bell person who carried my luggage. Free parking, Free wifi, Free breakfast with a room rates that is a steal considering what you are getting. I love this hotel and would love to keep coming back!

Room Tip: Get a 2 bedroom loft suite!
Green Features: Recycling practices in place! The hotel is very environmentally conscious.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RichieSel
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Our room smells like a mix of body odor, poop, and extreme carpet deodorizer. I had to open the window to sleep. Also, we had to lug our heavy suitcases up stairs since there are no elevators. This whole place just diets seem kept up or cleaned thoroughly...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mhanlin
Residence_Inn_MB_AGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Mhanlin,

I was very disappointed when I read your review from yesterday. I certainly apologize for the substandard stay that you had with us. I did review the issue with housekeeping and they advised me that they did shampoo the carpet in your room the day that you arrived. Perhaps it was not dried appropriately which left a lingering odor. I certainly do not want my guests having a sleepless stay at our hotel and realize that my we should have moved your immediately. I can assure you that we do maintain cleanliness standards, and I'm sorry that we fell short during your stay. I do thank you for your feedback and will contact you separately to discuss this.