“One of the best Residence Inns by Marriott”

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We lived here for a month when we relocated to the US last year. You cannot get wrong with this hotel. excellent staff who would go out of the way to help, nice location: 1 mile from manhattan beach, close to convenient malls, shops, restaurants, very safe location and close to the airport. they had upgraded us to the suite after a week and that was very good. the breakfast is nice and they have socials in the evenings. the rooms are very clean and spacious. ample parking place and free. Loved this place and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank paulrupesh
Residence_Inn_MB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Mr. Paul!

Wow! We are so appreciative of your wonderful review and we are so pleased that you shared a month with us! My team really enjoys getting to know our guests, especially when you are here for an extended time. That is what makes our jobs so rewarding. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope that you will stop in to say hello!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean hotel...great location!! Walking distance to shopping, eating....beach..it can be quite a trek uphill from the beach...but great walk! Pool area very nice...didn't get to take advantage of the free breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Residence_Inn_MB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Karen,

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your awesome review! We certainly appreciate you taking the time and I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy our great facility and location. We are close to LAX and yet walking distance to dining, shopping and a healthy walk to the beach.

I certainly hope that we get to see you again on future travels to the area and that you will join us for breakfast and our social hour!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

After 5 days at the Disneyland Hotel, we moved over to Manhattan Beach on May 5th, and stayed there for 3 nights. Check out time at the DH was 11 am, and it did not take long for us to drive over, so we showed up about 3 hours before check in time. A lovely room was found for us right away, and we could unwind and relax.

From the outside, this Residence Inn looks like a bunch of beach houses, and it fits right into the beach cities setting. Inside, it's a surprise, as the upscale décor reminds one more of a penthouse interior. The couch, chairs and bed were very comfortable, and we had a most pleasant stay. We were in Building 7, which is towards the end, so we could not hear any street noise, even with the windows open. It was very quiet and nice. Sepulveda is a most busy street, and luckily for us, we did not have to enter or leave it at the busiest times.

The location is excellent with Manhattan Beach right there, and Hermosa and Redondo Beach almost next door. Lots to do there, including exploring the piers and eating in those quirky seafood restaurants close to the Pacific Ocean. Shopping and movies are also close by.

We have stayed at some Residence Inns, where the breakfast was really a cheapie sorry situation. (Phoenix) Here, we enjoyed the breakfast choices, the good coffee and the seating, which was plentiful and comfortable. Also, there are real china dishes (not Styrofoam) and real metal eating utensils. So, you definitely don't feel like this area is a fast food place.

The staff is SUPER nice. When we arrived, I needed a form printed from my iPad. Krystal at the front desk took the time to do it for me. Because of other issues, it was not that easy, BUT she got it done. Met the friendly manager as we were checking out, and were delighted to chat with her.

Definitely a place to return to.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with windows open, or are a light sleeper, the back buildings are far from the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NYU62

Dear NYU62,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your wonderful review! I will certainly share your experience with my team. The staff is always excited to know when they have exceeded our guests expectations. I'm pleased that you reviewed our complimentary breakfast as they do put some extra TLC in what they serve and how they present it. I am very thankful to have such a wonderful team that takes care of our guests.

Please let me know when you are planning to return and I will personally set up your reservation and your room location for you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel has often been my home away from home this year. I enjoy the pool, and I always ask for a 2nd floor room because I sleep lightly if I hear feet above me. I am a frequent business traveler (approximately 3 weeks each month) and this hotel is not new, but it is well maintained.

Breakfast is actually one I can eat each day during my stay--I like fresh fruit and they have plenty. Wi-Fi works great and the staff is helpful.

A short trip to the airport too, even during peak traffic hours.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor if you prefer quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear PQuiet,

I wanted to thank you for your continued patronage and your wonderful review! I'm so pleased that we are your home away from home! Getting to know our extended stay and repeat guests is what makes our jobs so rewarding. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding our breakfast. We do try to change the offerings up a bit and definitely to include healthy options as well.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

First time in Residence Inn, I do not prefer staying in LA Downtown or near Beverly if I am not for business. Manhattan Beach is ideal to rest and close to airport.

As we arrived to LAX about 6pm, It only took 20mins to reach there, but all the rooms were checked-in already. Rooms are large enough and have all the amenities you need to prepare food like refrigerator, coffee machine, dish washer, kitchen utensils, etc. If you traveling with your family rooms are great for staying in Manhattan Beach. Store's like Macy's, Target, Whole Food's are nearby places.

As it is quite in the rooms, you can choose top floor rooms to have more privacy and daylight. Ground floor rooms do not have enough daylight. Free car park, free breakfast and free wifi are perfect to choose for. Variety of food are limited which can be increased.

We did not used pool or hot tub but if you travel with kids they will love it. You can also cook your own food on poolside barbecues with your friends together.

Overall, we'd stay here again on our next visit to LA.

Room Tip: choose a room on the top floor which is not near Toyota car dealer and far from N Sepulveda Blvd.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bkraoren
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Yes, this is the very place which made me turn against Marriott (corporation) after being a Platinum member for over 20 years. Never mind that it's a filthy "crime ridden" establishment that requires security on the weekends, just keep the place clean. I ended up in the Hospital at Little Company of Mary in Torrance after staying here. Forget taking a "nap" in the afternoon because they have Karaoke out by the pool which bellows into the entire property and neighborhood. Naturally the guy who runs the Karaoke has to boast that his private business is available for hire, so unprofessional!! Walking my dogs around patchy grass, covered with broken glass was appalling. And of course the management serves huge pitchers of alcohol to their guests which exasperates their issues of crime and security. Many hotels nearby are safe and clean so steer clear of this hot mess.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nancy S
Residence_Inn_MB_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Nancy S,

I am extremely concerned about the review that you posted about the Residence Inn Manhattan Beach from your stay in December 2013. We take the possibility of bed bugs very seriously and immediately had our extermination company inspect your room which I had explained to you. There was no detection of bed bugs whatsoever and we have a certification to verify that. We do provide a complimentary social hour Monday-Wednesday from 5:30 TO 7:30 p.m. which includes complimentary beer, wine and sodas and a variety of foods. We have a BBQ on Tuesdays and Karaoke takes place on most Wednesdays for our guests to enjoy also from 5;30 to 7:30 p.m. I would certainly like to discuss this with you further as we take these reviews very seriously and will contact you regarding this.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We got into the Residence Inn quite late, but the reception was still staffed. all staff were very friendly and helpful. Buffett breakfast and wifi were included in our stay. breakfast is plentiful but limited variety of food. Free parking is excellent. There is a pool and basketball court. Our room was very spacious and clean. We found it really easy to get around from there to see the LA area and beaches. We went out for dinner in Manhattan Beach one night and it was roughly a $15US taxi ride each way.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, get a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shade Hotel
Shade Hotel
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!